Pages:
Author

Topic: US economy is booming, but people are not seeing it. - page 3. (Read 360 times)

legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422
What about a possible housing bubble bursting soon? I read very contradicting articles on the matter as the discussion is overly polarized from those who see a crash happening soon and others who are saying that it ain't no bubble and prices can only go higher at this stage.
When the money printer goes brrrrrrrrrrrrr you can't know what to expect.
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1530
US economy is finally booming and it is a big relief for all of us, but in a worrying sign people are yet not seeing that boom, and this makes me wonder what happens if the general masses can’t feel the boom, will the US economy once again slip downwards?.

Furthermore what do you’ll feel is the key reason why people are missing seeing this boom in the economy, and I have read several reasons in the media but if someone has some personal perspective then please do share it.

Source:

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/05/03/economy/jobs-economy-covid-biden/index.html

I recently read a report on MarketWatch. During Trump's administration, the stock market has increased by $9.96 trillion over those four years. Since the election of Biden (just over half a year ago), the stock market has increased by approx 8 trillion dollars. I mean the increase in value during Trump's time was already exaggerated, but the increase in value since Biden's election is just extreme. This is not reflective of the real economy and hence why there are different views on the state of the economy. Those who own stocks believe the economy is booming. Those who don't own stocks really see that the economy is not booming.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292
There is trouble abrewing
maybe people aren't seeing the economy booming because there is nothing to see.
it makes sense too because i can't think of any world where the government prints such a huge amount of money that it sets a record compared to that country's entire history and then see the economy boom!
and that's just the tip of the iceberg. we had a lot of jobs lost and everyone's financial situation get worse with the pandemic that is still ongoing.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1033
Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins
We're not even officially out of the pandemic and you think the US economy is booming? I wouldn't refer to a growth in stock prices as a "booming" economy. GDP growth is what you want to look at to gauge the health of an economy. GDP growth in US was -3.5% in 2020.

We can expect a solid positive growth in 2021 if we manage to get out of the pandemic. But take into account that according to some metrics the stock market is heavily overbought.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1332
US economy is finally booming and it is a big relief for all of us, but in a worrying sign people are yet not seeing that boom, and this makes me wonder what happens if the general masses can’t feel the boom, will the US economy once again slip downwards?.

Furthermore what do you’ll feel is the key reason why people are missing seeing this boom in the economy, and I have read several reasons in the media but if someone has some personal perspective then please do share it.

Source:

I really do not know where you get the idea that the economy is booming, this is not true, maybe we are experimenting some growth but that is just because the economy fell so hard in 2020 because of the pandemic, we need to be very clear it is going to take years if not a decade before the economy recovers from what happened and there is no guarantee that this is going to happen at all because the US government is still printing money which is causing inflation and that will affect their population over the long term
legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
government printed trillions. and it now sitting in the billionaires offshore accounts and derivatives.

on paper the GDP has grown by trillions in 1 year.
but to the lower/middleclass and most of the upperclass. they have not seen a single change.

faking the GDP by printing trillions and handing out to the big player has not grown the economy. it has instead faked the GDP to make it appear USA is still ahead of china..

but if you look at the number of loaves of bread each citizen can buy now compared to 2019. the % change has not seen the same growth.

china however have seen a good uptick in the bread loaf purchasing power of its citizens
Activity: 2800
Merit: 595
https://www.betcoin.ag

The government wouldnt be printing trillions of dollars to stimulate the booming economy if its true. There were even many riots going on and public shooting, this is a depiction growing frustration of the people while they already felt like Trump was bit better than Biden.

Economy is not booming anywhere in the world. There is inflation rising so fast thag even citizens receive stimulus package they still cant feel it because the food prices are soaring high.
Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

Source:

Pages:
Jump to: