Pages:
Author

Topic: US President Trump and North Korea leader Kim Jong Un sign document - page 2. (Read 340 times)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0
This is a good sign for a long lasting peace in Korean Peninsula. I hope it will continue to the goal they want. And maybe the unification of two Korea's just like in Germany.
However, now it is hard to make a prospection what influence this doc really have. Will hope that situation will be changed for the better.

Let's hope for the best (I'm a perpetual optimist) but also stay realistic. NKorea so many times agreed to stop the nuclear program, and broke those agreements just as many times... So, realistically: what's the reason to believe that regime now vs. all the previous times? I mean, I do hope they will stop this craziness, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
As to Iran: they should be hopeful. If NKorea was able to trick trump into meeting them - Iran should be able to pull this off just as well!
Activity: 31
This is a good sign for a long lasting peace in Korean Peninsula. I hope it will continue to the goal they want. And maybe the unification of two Korea's just like in Germany.

It will be more difficult in my opinion. The mental and economic difference between Koreas is bigger than it was between Germans.
Activity: 35
However, now it is hard to make a prospection what influence this doc really have. Will hope that situation will be changed for the better.
copper member
Activity: 2926
Merit: 2348
US President Donald Trump and NK leader Kim Jong Un have just signed an unspecified document at the completion of a summit between the two countries in Singapore.

What are the implications of this summit? Will this lead to the end of a war that has technically been ongoing for more than 6 decades? Will this lead to verifiable and irreversible denuclearization of North Korea?

Also, although not directly related to the summit, how will this affect the situation with/in Iran?
Pages:
Jump to: