Pages:
Author

Topic: US SEC Delays Decision on Direxion Bitcoin ETF Until September - page 3. (Read 1261 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 296
Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!
The delay is a good thing. That way, they will have time to further solidify their case and present it as a stronger one. But what the end result will be is still unpredictable. Let us be optimistic about it.

It's hard to be optimistic at this point though, as both of the Winklevii ETF proposals have been rejected. It's good that the SEC commissioner is pro ETF, but it is difficult to think that this delay is a good thing. If I recall, the initial Winklevoss ETF proposal was delayed several times before the SEC finally rejected it. most of these ETFs will be rejected.

Eventually though... There will be an ETF that is approved, and when there is, expect the pump of a lifetime IMO. This will likely happen by 2020 at least. Fact of the matter is, the Bitcoin market is plenty more regulated than what it was several years back. This regulation will increase (KYC for example) as time goes on as well. The SEC will soon no longer be able to use the "lack of regulation" excuse. Starting to think they are afraid of Bitcoin because its a sign of decentralization taking hold.
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
I think bitcoin ETF will not launch this year because last week, the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) officially rejected the Bitcoin ETF proposal of the Winklevoss twins, who operate Gemini, a major cryptocurrency exchange in the US.
Activity: 33
Until this moment. Downtrend trend is still causing psychological and panic for the investor community. However, new moves indicate that the SEC's ability to accept bitcoin ETFs may affect the value of the market.
Activity: 518
Merit: 21
Hopefully that the decisions to be made by the US government will favor on the system. As we all know that we are benefited on this already. Anyway whatever result it may take we have to respect the decision. As the US government was an influential country so we expect other country to follow as well.
Activity: 58
Merit: 1
This is a no new news for me. Most probably the ETF decision will be declined by the govt as already declined one. Thus, it made an effect in Direxion's offering which is a bad news. Though RTF declining, the BTC price will rise high as it survived recent hype, as my prediction. The more, we need to wait and see.
Activity: 116
The delay is a good thing. That way, they will have time to further solidify their case and present it as a stronger one. But what the end result will be is still unpredictable. Let us be optimistic about it.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500
Everyone seems so excited about the launch of bitcoin ETF. But can anyone guide me to understand whether the proposed ETF by Direxion is a synthetic or a physical one?

If it is a physical one, we have a reason to cheer because large buy orders will follow as soon as the ETF is approved by SEC. These coins will be removed from circulation pushing the price higher.

However, if it is a synthetic one, the community will have no reason to cheer because no physical bitcoins will be bought by the ETF management. So before cheering about the proposed ETF by Direxion, we need to know the truth. Can anyone point me to the right documentation here?
Activity: 336
I have also heard that, the SEC said that it would only receive two comments on the proposed of ETFs. And the crypto community largely seems excited at the prospect of a bitcoin ETF.
Activity: 82
Investment firm Direxion has had the review of its Bitcoin exchange-traded fund (ETF) application postponed until September 21. The news about the delay comes from an official document released by the U.S. Government Publishing Office July 24.

An announcement from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) said it was “appropriate” to delay its decision, which only affects Direxion’s offering.

“The Commission finds it appropriate to designate a longer period within which to issue an order approving or disapproving the proposed rule change so that it has sufficient time to consider this proposed rule change,” it states.
Pages:
Jump to: