Pages:
Author

Topic: US State Seeks to Confiscate $24 Million in Dark Web Bitcoin - page 2. (Read 219 times)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252
4000 BTC is enough to fluctuate the market you say? I really doubt that it would have that big of an effect.
Current 24-hour volume is  520,641 BTC according to Coinmarketcap. Even if you sell those 4k BTC on one exchange, I doubt we'll see much movement either way.

Kobayashi might say otherwise....
How much of that volume is fakes so that some Chinese exchanges can claim to be nr1 in the world?
One 1000 BTC drop and we went down 300$ last time,  I'm not that eager to see 4000BTC dumped at once.
But the feds will never sell the coins on an exchange with fluctuating prices.

It wouldn't be the end of the world, but at current prices it would be a problem, given the fact that we seem to be stuck in nowhere's land on this sort of $6k limbo. If someone dumps 4000 at once, we could lose the $5000-ish resistance which would lead to further panic selling. If the 4000 sale happens on other price ranges, it wouldn't matter that much.

Governments are supposed to use OTC market to auction the coins, but Kobayashi signed up to Kraken to dump the Gox stacks. Govs can be incompetent and screw up Bitcoin investors, they can be reckless. If they were smart they would be buying the coins themselves or simply holding them in vaults. Imagine if they held all the Silk Road coins.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
4000 BTC is enough to fluctuate the market you say? I really doubt that it would have that big of an effect.
Current 24-hour volume is  520,641 BTC according to Coinmarketcap. Even if you sell those 4k BTC on one exchange, I doubt we'll see much movement either way.

Kobayashi might say otherwise....
How much of that volume is fakes so that some Chinese exchanges can claim to be nr1 in the world?
One 1000 BTC drop and we went down 300$ last time,  I'm not that eager to see 4000BTC dumped at once.
But the feds will never sell the coins on an exchange with fluctuating prices.

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
Activity: 67
Merit: 0
Thanks for this. I think this may affectthe crypto market positively.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 520
Add some info when you start a topic, not just throw two lines and be done with it

Maryland Men Indicted on Charges Relating to Dark Web Drug Distribution and Money Laundering; Government Seized more than $22 Million in Assets

As for your question, it's going to take a lot of time before those coins will be sold, and they will go to an auction not to an exchange, just like it happened in the past with SR's coins.
Nothing to affect the price at this point.
Thanks for sharing, I was also interested to see the information about OP's thread, as far as I understand after they collect that coin they will hold it  and like what you have said same thing with previous incident it will go for auctions and whoever wins then that will be the time that we will expect the coins to be circulated back to the exchange, holders will be the one to choose, let see and wait and read more about this news and wait for more updates, that's a lots of coin to hold anyway..
Activity: 392
Merit: 11
I think its a good deed. Thinking about the future it is important to restrict and stop any sort of illegal activities done using Bitcoins as well as other cryptocurrencies. This will lead to a positive impression of all cryptocurrencies across the general public as well as businesses. I believe there should be some sort of regulations as well as monitoring with regards to these cryptos. I am happy if this actually happens!
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
Add some info when you start a topic, not just throw two lines and be done with it

Maryland Men Indicted on Charges Relating to Dark Web Drug Distribution and Money Laundering; Government Seized more than $22 Million in Assets

As for your question, it's going to take a lot of time before those coins will be sold, and they will go to an auction not to an exchange, just like it happened in the past with SR's coins.
Nothing to affect the price at this point.
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
The U.S. government is seeking to forfeit 4,000 bitcoins that were seized during a crackdown of vendors on darkweb marketplaces - an amount that worth over $24 million as of press time! That's an enough amount of Bitcoin to fluctuate the market. What do you think ?
Pages:
Jump to: