Pages:
Author

Topic: U.S. stock market suffers worst week since 2008 financial crisis - page 2. (Read 452 times)

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686
- Dow Jones Industrial Average down nearly 7%, a biggest weekly drop since 2008
- S&P 500 falls 7% for the week, worst since 2011
- Nasdaq closes in a bear market

Reference: https://twitter.com/CGTNOfficial/status/1076261272918810625

Hey this fall happened due to Feds raising the rate hike which caused panic in the share market, I was expecting further rate hikes but thought it could be lower though. Another factor which is leading the fall is the impending threat of the shutdown of the government, as of now there's no truce that's been brokered. Then there's the usual panic that if there's a government shut down then signs are not good for equities, possibilities of a recession. It'll be interesting to see if people decide to use Bitcoins as a hedge, in this scenario.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
BitbondSTO.com | Germany’s First STO | Earn Stable
Of all the things above, I don't see any impact that can have an effect on the condition of the crypto market. It may indeed be that this has not been heard massively but in my opinion this effect is completely different from crypto. Or maybe those people want to move into crypto exchange
Activity: 912
Merit: 661
Do due diligence
" U.S. stock market suffers worst week since 2008 financial crisis  "

and gold is creeping up :-)
legendary
Activity: 3024
Merit: 2148
IMO the fear of standard equities would only raise the price of Bitcoin, so while I'm not happy the markets have suffered, having diversification in Bitcoin makes it somewhat better.

I dunno if our jump from $3,200 to $4,000 can be attributed to bearish tendencies on stock markets, but I doubt that there will be any long-term correlation like that. Bitcoin has its own cycles, and whatever is happening in the other markets can't outweigh them. Maybe in the early days such events could significantly influence Bitcoin's price, but today Bitcoin is pretty big already.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
I wish I was a professional photographer of traders with their heads in their hands. I would've made a lot of money in these last few months.

This is definitely the most fascinating phase in Bitcoin's price development. The combo of a vast crash followed by a vaster crash in the wider world is brand new territory. It could be the absolute making of BTC, or give it the kicking of the millennium. I have zero idea which way it'll go.

Activity: 1582
Merit: 759
IMO the fear of standard equities would only raise the price of Bitcoin, so while I'm not happy the markets have suffered, having diversification in Bitcoin makes it somewhat better.
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
Personal Text
When they use a jacket and a tie I know they never worked a day in their life so I don't care about their opinions
copper member
Activity: 658
Merit: 284
- Dow Jones Industrial Average down nearly 7%, a biggest weekly drop since 2008
- S&P 500 falls 7% for the week, worst since 2011
- Nasdaq closes in a bear market

Reference: https://twitter.com/CGTNOfficial/status/1076261272918810625
Pages:
Jump to: