Pages:
Author

Topic: USB sticks with Bitcoin logo, 16GB/32GB coming, your opinion needed!! - page 2. (Read 2196 times)

Activity: 896
Merit: 532
Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum
Activity: 466
Merit: 250
It should have been "You asked for change" rather than "You asked for a change".

"You asked for change" is meant to be a double entendre:  "change" referring to the remainder in a traditional fiat cash transaction, which is usually given in the form of coins, as well as "a change".  When you say "a change", the first meaning no longer applies.

Finally, I would never sell USB sticks with Bitcoin logo without a clear prominent disclaimer that there is no warranty on the sticks, that you didn't make the sticks yourself and have no control over the quality, that somebody else did, and they could fail any time and lose any data (including bitcoins) contained inside.  That they are not high enough quality to be the only copy of one's bitcoin wallet, and that users must always keep good backups of data they want to keep.  Otherwise you risk a liability if someone loses their coins on one that fails.

Good point. I can offer a 6 month limited warranty although that does not eliminate the risk you described. I encourage everyone to make regular backups and store them safely. This statement will be added to the OP.

About the quotation, that will be fixed for the next version of 16GB sticks Wink I will lower the price because of that.
vip
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1140
The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)
It should have been "You asked for change" rather than "You asked for a change".

"You asked for change" is meant to be a double entendre:  "change" referring to the remainder in a traditional fiat cash transaction, which is usually given in the form of coins, as well as "a change".  When you say "a change", the first meaning no longer applies.

Finally, I would never sell USB sticks with Bitcoin logo without a clear prominent disclaimer that there is no warranty on the sticks, that you didn't make the sticks yourself and have no control over the quality, that somebody else did, and they could fail any time and lose any data (including bitcoins) contained inside.  That they are not high enough quality to be the only copy of one's bitcoin wallet, and that users must always keep good backups of data they want to keep.  Otherwise you risk a liability if someone loses their coins on one that fails.
I would be interested in buying a few of these for myself / as gifts but at 8GB I think they're simply too small.

It would be great to be able to carry the bitcoin-qt client around on these with a fully updated blockchain and a small amount of BTC on them to hand out to friends and customers, giving full portability to the client and also encouraging new users to use Bitcoin and be able to utilise the main client from the get-go rather than waiting a number of days to catch up with the blockchain / having to download a client such as Multi-bit and go through the initial process of buying Bitcoin. These would be good to go right off the bat, and perfect for increasing usage of the bitcoin-qt client.

However, at 8GB and formatted as NTFS, they are already too small for the blockchain - 16GB would be ideal. If you ever decide to offer a larger size, I'll be the first to snap a few of them up! Smiley
Great idea all the same, and I do like the design!

Great thinking, this idea has crossed my mind. I looked into 16GB and 32GB options but they were simply too expensive to be handed out as gifts. Now that the idea is out here, feel free to comment. I can produce another batch if more than 25 pieces are reserved/sold.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
I would be interested in buying a few of these for myself / as gifts but at 8GB I think they're simply too small.

It would be great to be able to carry the bitcoin-qt client around on these with a fully updated blockchain and a small amount of BTC on them to hand out to friends and customers, giving full portability to the client and also encouraging new users to use Bitcoin and be able to utilise the main client from the get-go rather than waiting a number of days to catch up with the blockchain / having to download a client such as Multi-bit and go through the initial process of buying Bitcoin. These would be good to go right off the bat, and perfect for increasing usage of the bitcoin-qt client.

However, at 8GB and formatted as NTFS, they are already too small for the blockchain - 16GB would be ideal. If you ever decide to offer a larger size, I'll be the first to snap a few of them up! Smiley
Great idea all the same, and I do like the design!
I think it was a cool idea to design USB sticks with a bitcoin logo. My first idea was to hand these to my friends and customers to make them aware of bitcoin. So far it has been a success. I'm not completely happy with the design but that will do for know. I might change the 'B' a little bit if I can first sell these. Logo is engraved with laser.

Warranty & backup disclaimer: These USB sticks are not made by me so I can not guarantee their quality. Never use these to store the only copy of your bitcoin wallet. I can provide a limited (you get a new empty USB stick) 6 month warranty. Making bitcoin wallet backups regularly and storing them safely is absolutely essential.

I'm asking 8.00€ for each and that includes shipping inside Europe. PM if interested

Pages:
Jump to: