Pages:
Author

Topic: USDC vs USDT: new stablecoins addition to the market, what do you think? - page 2. (Read 308 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 13
DIFX - Digital Finacial Exchange
I think stable coin is definitely required in the market but too many usd based coins are not going to help rather they can cause confusion in the market, im hearing a lot of more stable coins are also coming soon in the market, for me i think market needs only one real and solid usd backed coin.
Activity: 896
Merit: 290
I think the biggest thing that everyone should take away from the addition of many more stable coins is that we no longer have to worry about the systemic risk associated with the USDT (TETHER).

Back in Dec/Jan USDT was the focal point of soooo much FUD, it was in my opinion the biggest risk of the crypto market, if tether would have collapsed then it would have created a narrative that it was the only thing holding up the crypto market and prices would have tanked.

The rise of all these other stable coins that are more transparent and legitimate...Circle/Gemini to name a few, gives precedent that they provide more liquidity.

What do you think about the addition of this new stablecoin to the Cryptomarket  and do you think USDC has the potential to overtake USDT any sooner as no1 stablecoin in the cryptosphere?.

Yes for sure! Why would anyone use Tether anymore? With no proof of actually being backed by the dollar why take the risk? The only reason it will stay around is because it is so ingrained into so many exchanges.
copper member
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
Nice one too, good one for traders as this will widen the hedging options for traders so that the issue of tether as the only one won't appear anymore, the recent rumour about the impending hack of usdt sent shivers down my spine but with this one can can have another option to hedge against usdt
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
the only coming stable coin I will trust is

bitbay

when their rolling peg arrives you can kiss goodbye to whale manipulations as you know it now

+ it will be entirely transparent and democratic

I do not agree with you. Bitbox is fine. But something better is coming! Gemini dollar created by Winklevoss twins! This is the first really trusted stable coin with competency. Wink

Which part are you disagreeing with?

1. I will only trust bitbay

or

2. it will crush whale manipulation

or

3 it will be entirely transparent and democratic?

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

bitbay

when their rolling peg arrives you can kiss goodbye to whale manipulations as you know it now

I do not agree with you. Bitbox is fine. But something better is coming! Gemini dollar created by Winklevoss twins! This is the first really trusted stable coin with competency. Wink
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245
I think Gemini Dollars looks interesting as future stablecoin.
I also think that Tether will start loosing customers, if they dont change their operation and provide more clarity.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

bitbay

legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 4265
eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.
The highly expected stablecoin USDC was just added to an exchange (announcement made on their official Twitter account).

Trading pair(s) for USDC/ETH added to Kucoin and many more exchange coming soon such as, centralized; DigiFinex, CoinEx, Poloniex, KuCoin, OKCoin, Coinplug, XDAEX etc. and Decentralized; IDEX, Paradex, Radar Relay, Tokenlon etc.
Also with the likes of @MoneyToken ( A platform for Smart Loans, backed by Crypto-Assets launch at Q1 2018), showing support for the stablecoin USDC, tweeting earlier "Get ready to take out loans in USDC against your crypto assets in the next platform's update".

What do you think about the addition of this new stablecoin to the Cryptomarket  and do you think USDC has the potential to overtake USDT any sooner as no1 stablecoin in the cryptosphere?.
Pages:
Jump to: