Pages:
Author

Topic: USDT Alternative? - page 2. (Read 348 times)

Activity: 475
Merit: 253
ARCS - A New World Token
January 27, 2018, 09:11:02 PM
There are several coins can be used and function as USDT.. They are TIMEKOIN and NUBITS. These coins pledge to keep their price align with the current price of US dollars.

With all the FUD surrounding Tethers, and the lack of official responses from Bitfinex only fanning the fire, I'm wondering how long it will be until there is a more trustworthy way to hold USD tokens in the blockchain sphere during times of market volatility?
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
January 27, 2018, 09:08:30 PM
With all the FUD surrounding Tethers, and the lack of official responses from Bitfinex only fanning the fire, I'm wondering how long it will be until there is a more trustworthy way to hold USD tokens in the blockchain sphere during times of market volatility?
I think the Tether is a not so much coin worth as the USD , is the coin used to trade in this market. We can see the dollar is constantly fluctuating but not much so you can be flexible in switching between coins with USDT.I believe USDT is a safe choice, as well as a great solution to help us in the trade.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
January 27, 2018, 08:44:32 PM
"Tether has "dissolved" relationship with auditor Friedman LLP, according to spokesperson for the company behind $USDT token. Story to come." - from official Coindesk twitter. The problem with Tether becomes graver every day.
Full story: https://www.coindesk.com/tether-confirms-relationship-auditor-dissolved/
Activity: 362
Merit: 101
January 27, 2018, 08:04:07 PM
"Tether has "dissolved" relationship with auditor Friedman LLP, according to spokesperson for the company behind $USDT token. Story to come." - from official Coindesk twitter. The problem with Tether becomes graver every day.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521
January 27, 2018, 06:58:23 PM
Only other alternative is going to be using an exchange which actually has USD to give you when you sell your bitcoins, as this is something which Coinbase/ GDAX has and this is FDIC insured, obviously making investors feel a lot safer when they're sitting on the sidelines waiting to see if they should trade.

I'd rather have actual USD, then some shitty coin which is printing more and more tether as they please. Plus the fact that they've never been audited (tether) and who knows if they're able to be trusted.

I’m also skeptical of “stablecoins” like Tether. There is another recently hyped project called TrueUSD that supposedly leverages trust laws to be compliant with banking regulations and to offer transparency for auditors. But like Tether, they are trying to avoid enforcing KYC for using the tokens. You just need it for USD redemption. That sounds no different than Tether to me. If it gets big enough, it’ll face the same problems (regulatory fears, banking blockades).
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285
Flying Hellfish is a Commie
January 27, 2018, 05:25:04 PM
Only other alternative is going to be using an exchange which actually has USD to give you when you sell your bitcoins, as this is something which Coinbase/ GDAX has and this is FDIC insured, obviously making investors feel a lot safer when they're sitting on the sidelines waiting to see if they should trade.

I'd rather have actual USD, then some shitty coin which is printing more and more tether as they please. Plus the fact that they've never been audited (tether) and who knows if they're able to be trusted.
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
January 27, 2018, 08:51:57 AM
The release of Tethers' Tokens is promoted by the growth of market capitalization. If before there was enough small number of Tokines, now many fix profit. And to meet the market's need, print additional Tokens Tethers.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
January 27, 2018, 08:39:25 AM
You should check DAI.
"Dai is a cryptocurrency that is price stabilized against the value of the U.S. Dollar"
Activity: 140
Merit: 13
First Payment Gateway using GoldBacked cryptocurre
January 02, 2018, 11:46:34 PM
Pages:
Jump to: