Pages:
Author

Topic: usdt non custodial wallet on laptop similar to electrum suggestions pls - page 2. (Read 251 times)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Also does anyone know if chaintip is a legit site since apparently a random user called erogand tipped 10USD it seems and a message came via Reddit saying to claim it give a BCH address, is it legit?
~ It can add any EVM-compatible chains (Ethereum, TRON, Binance Smart Chain, etc.) and it is widely used, which makes it easy to find help in case of any problems. Note that Metamask's default chain is Ethereum, so if you want to use other blockchains such as TRON, you will have to manually change the chain in the wallet settings.

Although Tron is an EVM-compatible network, it is not an EVM-based chain that Metamask supports. So, AFAIK, the Tron network can't be used on Metamask since it is built on its own VM (Tron Virtual Machine).

is there any TRC USDT non custodial wallets like Electrum which can be run on the laptop?

There is plenty of non-custodial wallets, but many of them are not open source. Take a look at https://tron.network/wallet?lng=en.

If you specifically need a desktop wallet, Exodus and Atomic is one of many popular wallets that supports TRX. Do note that it multi-cryptocurrency wallet, so, if you don't need specifically need for other or many purposes, using the extension-based wallet would be simple. Tronlink seems the popular choice for Tron ecosystem users.

Thank you for the great explanation, helped me actually research and realize that actually storing on Electrum itself is risky to a certain extent since can brute force 12word seed phrase but there is a pin requirement on login/import which is kind of comforting, but on Exodus not sure if have a pin to login+seed or only seed. But it seems Exodus has been hacked or support staff there has robbed some customers and also they charge a % for withdrawing which is very shady for a non custodial wallet. Gas fee understandable but this is not that. Atomic problem is lower security and again % being charged. Tron link super prone to hacks most common one seems the displayed address switch so when customer copies address it is not address shown by Tronlink but the intruders and they seem to have no idea how to patch it and have not given any proper support to those effected...

What I am currently trying to do is diversify Crypto storage from Binance via USDT or USDC to non custodial wallets to spread the risk out. Hope there is any better software based cold wallets which support these currencies and exchange with Binance?
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273
~ It can add any EVM-compatible chains (Ethereum, TRON, Binance Smart Chain, etc.) and it is widely used, which makes it easy to find help in case of any problems. Note that Metamask's default chain is Ethereum, so if you want to use other blockchains such as TRON, you will have to manually change the chain in the wallet settings.

Although Tron is an EVM-compatible network, it is not an EVM-based chain that Metamask supports. So, AFAIK, the Tron network can't be used on Metamask since it is built on its own VM (Tron Virtual Machine).

is there any TRC USDT non custodial wallets like Electrum which can be run on the laptop?

There is plenty of non-custodial wallets, but many of them are not open source. Take a look at https://tron.network/wallet?lng=en.

If you specifically need a desktop wallet, Exodus and Atomic is one of many popular wallets that supports TRX. Do note that it multi-cryptocurrency wallet, so, if you don't need specifically need for other or many purposes, using the extension-based wallet would be simple. Tronlink seems the popular choice for Tron ecosystem users.
staff
Activity: 2454
Merit: 1617
Crypto Swap Exchange
Understand I think Binance is TRC right so is there any TRC USDT non custodial wallets like Electrum which can be run on the laptop?

Yes, Binance does support USDT on the TRON blockchain, as well as many other EVM-compatible chains. In this case, I would recommend using Metamask as your wallet. It is a non-custodial wallet.  It can add any EVM-compatible chains (Ethereum, TRON, Binance Smart Chain, etc.) and it is widely used, which makes it easy to find help in case of any problems. Note that Metamask's default chain is Ethereum, so if you want to use other blockchains such as TRON, you will have to manually change the chain in the wallet settings.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
Understand I think Binance is TRC right so is there any TRC USDT non custodial wallets like Electrum which can be run on the laptop?

Binance supports multiple chains — Tron, Solana, Ethereum, BSC, etc.

If you're going to need a temporary wallet, probably Trust Wallet? I wouldn't suggest using it for long-term use though.
staff
Activity: 2454
Merit: 1617
Crypto Swap Exchange
I'm not entirely sure if I understood your question correctly, but AFAIK, Binance does not accept USDT on the Omni Layer. This means that it doesn't matter which wallet you're using, you will not be able to deposit USDT on the Omni Layer to Binance.

Note that USDT is available on multiple blockchains, which include Bitcoin (Omni Layer), Ethereum, TRON, and Solana, to name a few. The USDT on one blockchain cannot be transferred to another blockchain. So, for example, if you have USDT on the Omni Layer, you will not be able to send it to an Ethereum wallet, such as Metamask. This is due to the multichain nature of USDT. Pay attention to which blockchain your USDT is on before trying to transfer it to a different wallet or exchange.
Need this wallet to be able to send usdt to Binance, Metamask since I know omni channel no longer supported so omniwallet and coinomi no good right?
Pages:
Jump to: