Pages:
Author

Topic: Use Google Spreadsheets to automatically keep track of your wallet balance - page 2. (Read 11209 times)

administrator
Activity: 5166
Merit: 12850
The balance is totally useless for anything like this, as you've seen.
donator
Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286
Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

But I need both getreceivedbyaddress and getsendbyaddress. Do you plan to implement the latter? Or better yet, how about getbalancebyaddress?
administrator
Activity: 5166
Merit: 12850
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
Thanks. 

I knew that happened in theory but it wasn't until I put the addresses I had used into the OPs spreadsheet that I noticed a discrepancy.
donator
I like this a lot.  Thanks!

One question.  Anyone know why blockexplorer would be off for a particular address?

I received a total of 1.95, sent 1.00 plus a .0005 for a total of -1.0005.  My bitcoin client shows a total balance of .9495 but blockexplorer show .91.

The address I am referring to can be seen here.

http://blockexplorer.com/address/1QGhZ2EJmvfH2wWAzdo6rKHPjkQeRuQ2EU

Check this transaction out:
http://blockexplorer.com/tx/15571140b463eb09c05da9b69e317cfa6c4ca4e4838fe61bc602982336d88efc#i1425815

You basically sent the full 1.04 out and .0395 got returned to you at another address.
Activity: 80
I like this a lot.  Thanks!

One question.  Anyone know why blockexplorer would be off for a particular address?

I received a total of 1.95, sent 1.00 plus a .0005 for a total of -1.0005.  My bitcoin client shows a total balance of .9495 but blockexplorer show .91.

The address I am referring to can be seen here.

http://blockexplorer.com/address/1QGhZ2EJmvfH2wWAzdo6rKHPjkQeRuQ2EU
donator
ghost: thanks, I will make the change. I have not run cross this issue since I don't play with accounts with more than 1000 bitcoins Smiley

eternex: thanks. If you really want the account value to be real time, check out the workaround code in the mtgox price cell. I didn't do that for the other cells because in most cases, you don't need it.
Activity: 84
OP: Great work. Using the ideas from your spreadsheet I can properly calc my savings wallet into my spreadsheets using live balances.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
You'll want to change the formula for column E to: =Value(Substitute(Substitute(Index(ImportHTML(C3,"list",1),3), "Received BTC: ", ""), " ", ""))

Blockexplorer uses a space instead of a comma so balances greater then 1000 will show up like 1 000. The space needs removed for the Value function to work.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Admin,

Could you move this thread to Newbies?

Why? When I was sandboxed into the Newbies section, I did not go out and read the other sections (why tease myself).

There my be 1 (or 2) people who feel the same way and would not get this information.

Thank you.
donator
I'd like to share this google spreadsheet I created:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Amu2Hoiel5SYdFJMVV95cG5pbFppSHc4YnVwUzZwanc&hl=en_US&authkey=CIa_g-AM

I created this spreadsheet because I wanted to keep a secure savings account. For this savings account, I have 12 bitcoin addresses that I use for sending money to. And since I rarely need to take money out of my savings account, I would prefer to keep my wallet.dat file encrypted and not point the bitcoin client to that wallet much. But I still want an easy way to check how much money I have in that account. I figured out that I can use blockexplorer.com to check the balance of each of my 12 bitcoin addresses. So I created this spreadsheet to do the work for me. Now, I will never need to decrypt my savings account wallet file unless I need to send money out of it. I can just use this spreadsheet to make sure that my money is still safe and sound.

This may be helpful for others too, so I made this example spreadsheet. To use it, make a copy of it to your own account. If you want the total balance to be accurate, be sure to copy all your receiving bitcoin addresses into the spreadsheet and create more rows if you need to.
Pages:
Jump to: