Pages:
Author

Topic: Use of TOR Browser for Bitcointalk - page 3. (Read 772 times)

Activity: 61
Merit: 12
November 24, 2019, 03:45:31 AM
Is it safe to use TOR browser as i heard it is a dark web browser where hackers can hack our credentials and information ?
Using tor browser has nothing to do with Dark net. Good people use it to protect their privacy. You can use VPN as well.

Hacking your credential has nothing to do with TOR browser as well.
Hacking can happen if you are not aware of the security measures that one needs to know to use internet. There are phishing attempts, pop ups, unwanted malware visiting risky sites ans some many things. Anyone can inject a piece of program and can risk your security if you are not aware about minimum required knowledge when your are browsing online.

I am currently using Firefox but i want to use TOR browser to login Bitcointalk.
Are you saying you wan to use firefox with Tor connection?

I am asking only about the standalone TOR browser and what you mean by good people use TOR ? so it means bad people use other browsers  Huh
Activity: 1022
Merit: 280
November 24, 2019, 03:37:38 AM
I am currently using Firefox but i want to use TOR browser to login Bitcointalk. Is it safe to use TOR browser as i heard it is a dark web browser where hackers can hack our credentials and information ?

Tor Browser is more used for the privacy purpose. If you want to protect your identity online then tor is for you. If you think that login is not secure, then you are wrong.  But you should ensure that SSL/TLS is enabled for the site where you are logging.

You can gain more information about privacy browsers here. https://www.privacytools.io/browsers/
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3878
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
November 24, 2019, 03:36:31 AM
Is it safe to use TOR browser as i heard it is a dark web browser where hackers can hack our credentials and information ?
Using tor browser has nothing to do with Dark net. Good people use it to protect their privacy. You can use VPN as well.

Hacking your credential has nothing to do with TOR browser as well.
Hacking can happen if you are not aware of the security measures that one needs to know to use internet. There are phishing attempts, pop ups, unwanted malware visiting risky sites ans some many things. Anyone can inject a piece of program and can risk your security if you are not aware about minimum required knowledge when your are browsing online.

I am currently using Firefox but i want to use TOR browser to login Bitcointalk.
Are you saying you wan to use firefox with Tor connection?
Activity: 61
Merit: 12
November 24, 2019, 03:31:11 AM
I am currently using Firefox but i want to use TOR browser to login Bitcointalk. Is it safe to use TOR browser as i heard it is a dark web browser where hackers can hack our credentials and information ?
Pages:
Jump to: