Pages:
Author

Topic: Use your smerit - page 2. (Read 443 times)

Activity: 1806
Merit: 672
March 15, 2020, 05:25:44 PM
Have you thought about it disappearing by April 1  Grin Shocked  Roll Eyes?
Smerits would not just decay all of a sudden, that is if it will decay at all, I'm sure before theymos does that he will inform the community ahead, so users can make good use of their smerits. Everyone is encouraged to be involved in the merit process(sending and also receiving), but it cannot be imposed on them, but then there are the merit sources who are giving them out without any restraint.

He is probably talking about the April Fools prank theymos and the admins pulls off every April 1 in forum time. The last prank if I remembered it correctlt was about a fake KYC requirement that has a funny KYC form. OP might just be suggesting this idea to prank and teach users at the same time to use their unspent sMerit in their account which might be a good prank.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1225
Once a man, twice a child!
March 15, 2020, 01:58:06 PM
I think it wont be a bad idea if Theymos can effectively decay unused merit as he mentioned at the start of the Merit system. Perhaps the Merit sources will know better on this. A lot of users may be having the sMerit without even knowing they actually have them or some who only wait to merit only posts from their clique/friends even when such posts are not worthy to be merited.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1270
Play Poker on Telegram
March 15, 2020, 01:42:14 PM
Smerits would not just decay all of a sudden, that is if it will decay at all, I'm sure before theymos does that he will inform the community ahead, so users can make good use of their smerits. Everyone is encouraged to be involved in the merit process(sending and also receiving), but it cannot be imposed on them, but then there are the merit sources who are giving them out without any restraint.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 332
March 15, 2020, 09:28:49 AM
How long have you checked your merit status to see how many smerits you have there to appreciate worthy posts?
Sometimes for a very long time, we do forget that we have some smerits to give out. Maybe because it takes really a long time to decay, then we don't use it ;
" There is no point in hoarding sMerit; keeping it yourself does not benefit you, and we reserve the right to decay unused sMerit in the future".

Pages:
Jump to: