Pages:
Author

Topic: User705 sold me a broken video card. - page 2. (Read 1602 times)

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1006
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
November 13, 2013, 12:04:22 AM
A few facts omitted here so feel free to make your own determinations.  The original listing is here
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wts-xfx-7970-free-shipping-274515
Notice is says "Sold As Is but guaranteed against DOA."  Goat contacted me and stated he wanted escrow.  I told him that he seems trustworthy and I would gladly trust him with it if he paid for just shipping 1st and then after he received it and inspected it he can pay me or send it back.  In the thread I also state "I'm not very technical." and that the card was mined on.  Goat received the card.  Then he PM'd me about stickers on it and to clarify what was specifically said regarding condition and warranty.  I don't have those PMs any more but he found them and it clearly is stated by me that I provide no warranty for this card.  At that point he didn't want to return it but paid for it.  He currently claims that because he stated that he is paying but not testing it further that somehow obligates me to extend the "guaranteed against DOA." warranty for an indefinite and indeterminate time period.  No such condition was agreed to by me nor would I agree to that because what if he decided to test it a year from now?  He admits so above when stating "I told him that I hoped he would give me back the BTC if the card did not work."  He was short .1BTC on the payment and four days after paying for the card he paid that as well.  So four days later he still presumable was satisfied with it.  Again the logical thing here is that a person would check on something that is sold AS IS before payment and if they paid that concludes the deal.  Yesterday he contacted me saying the card isn't working properly and then today after a few back and forth PMs he wanted me to take it back.  This is two weeks after that final payment and a month from the original deal.  Also not in any of those PMs he mentions the fact that BTC is double what it was at the time of payment.  Presumably he is expecting a full BTC refund.  For those reasons it appears at least to me that this is nothing more then a case of buyers remorse.
Do I feel he is using his default trust rating to call something a scam when it isn't and thereby exact some sort of childish revenge?  Possibly and the usual thing here on the forum is I guess for me to leave him a negative trust but he hasn't scammed me so I'm not going to do so.  Everyone can make their own determination if this is a case of buyer remorse or an actual scam.
vip
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
November 12, 2013, 11:26:22 PM
User705 sold me a broken video card. He sold me a 7970 for 1.33 BTC.

He told me this card worked fine but it does not run correctly. It will have small artifacts when doing basic things and will completely crash when trying to run full HD video.

He sent the card first. I then paid him the 1.33 BTC but I told him the card was not fully tested and that it was making small artifacts. I thought that might have just been because of the drivers on the new Linux OS I was running. I told him I was going to be traveling for a while and was not going to be able to test it in the near future. I told him that I hoped he would give me back the BTC if the card did not work.

After testing the card on more than one box and more than one OS I am 100% sure it is the card.

User705 thinks he does not have to give me a refund as there was no warranty but my point is that he sold me a broken GPU as fully functional. This is a scam.

If you would like to buy the card please find it here in the auction section.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/auction-xfx-7970-ghost-partly-broken-332474

This thread was made so I could use it as a reference for his trust feedback.

Thank you.
Pages:
Jump to: