Pages:
Author

Topic: Users who Created or Wiped their Trust list - weekly data - page 3. (Read 3349 times)

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
Update:
Week 36 (2019-09-21_Sat_06.17h)
NEW 311082: viviansidney (Trust: awaiting update) (9 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
NEW 1105573: crypto_trader#43xzEXrP (Trust: +0 / =0 / -1) (59 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP) This is probably related to a bug: I linked this username to the wrong profile
NEW 1894120: madnessteat (Trust: +1 / =0 / -0) (DT1! (3) 474 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
NEW 2344286: Little Mouse (Trust:  neutral) (69 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
NEW 2627711: Ratimov (Trust:  neutral) (97 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
NEW 2660028: mady2077 (Trust: awaiting update) (2 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
Wiped 147267: visiondream3 (Trust:  neutral) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
Wiped 716532: veles7 (Trust:  neutral) (3 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
legendary
legendary
legendary
Update:
Week 33 (2019-08-31_Sat_06.04h)
NEW 158960: teramit (Trust:  neutral) (248 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
NEW 715343: Kelvinid (Trust: awaiting update) (13 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
NEW 787736: marlboroza (Trust: +11 / =0 / -0) (1106 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
NEW 1277439: El-Cezeri (Trust:  neutral) (111 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
NEW 2551755: Sat0shisGhost (Trust: +4 / =0 / -0) (116 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
Wiped 862204: Bitcoin-2018 (Trust:  neutral) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
Wiped 1252009: criptoturk (Trust:  neutral) (10 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
legendary
Thought..wouldn’t creating a trust list create MORE centralization? Isn’t DT a bit of centralization?
I'll respond with another thought: You could make a Trust list including only people who aren't on DT yet.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 3002
I asked for this, and you delivered, per usual..thx Loyce! Even though I know it’s going against your wishes, which I feel bad about, you know why I wiped mine. Same reason as I suspect almost every single other user did..the drama. Not worth it.

Thought..wouldn’t creating a trust list create MORE centralization? Isn’t DT a bit of centralization?
legendary
Update: A few familiar names created a Trust list (again):
Week 32 (2019-08-24_Sat_08.13h)
NEW 525056: BitMaxz (Trust: +2 / =0 / -0) (239 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
NEW 538922: TwitchySeal (Trust: +5 / =1 / -0) (96 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
NEW 1091065: jibrelnetwork (Trust: awaiting update) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
NEW 1143164: LogitechMouse (Trust: awaiting update) (87 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
NEW 1291828: iasenko (Trust: +4 / =0 / -0) (1183 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
NEW 2507227: ScriptMarket (Trust: awaiting update) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
NEW 2666178: super8 (Trust: awaiting update) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
NEW 2668352: RoyalKing187 (Trust: awaiting update) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
Wiped 2344286: Little Mouse (Trust:  neutral) (56 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 2444
https://JetCash.com
Did you ever even consider the fact that many users don't want to even deal with, nor have the time for, ANY of this trust bullshit anymore?

I still feel a bit guilty about not really using my trust list. I've only got 13 entries, and I should probably update it. My difficulty is that I'm a bit pre-conditioned to think of it as a trading reputation report, and I've only made a couple of small trades here. Both of those were simple purchases of Bitcoin from a Legendary member. As one would expect, they were both problem free. I was asked to remove a couple of my old entries, as the community felt that their behaviour breached certain community standards - trading in accounts for example. My entry was based on a personal assessment that they would complete any trade honestly, and without any problems. It's the apparent dual purpose of the trust system which makes it difficult for me to select members.

Just because you aren't in my trust list, it doesn't mean that I don't trust you. Smiley
legendary
Update:

Week 31 (2019-08-17_Sat_05.04h)
NEW 24792: Phinnaeus Gage (Trust: +3 / =0 / -1) (91 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
NEW 762980: DarkStar1O9 (Trust: awaiting update) (10 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
NEW 950342: ramsdaj28 (Trust: awaiting update) (6 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
NEW 2355579: SpectreSecurity (Trust: #  +0 / =0 / -3) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
NEW 2445559: Adachi (Trust: awaiting update) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
NEW 2643643: KarmicDemon (Trust: awaiting update) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
NEW 2663431: swishhyyy (Trust: awaiting update) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)

Not many users created their first Trust list this week. Reminder: if you haven't done it yet, do it! It's the only way to decentralize Trust.
legendary
legendary
legendary
legendary
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267
In Memory of Zepher
But to answer your question, if someone received the PM from theymos, they could have wiped their trust list as a protest against being pressured to exclude lauda from their trust list. It would be a way of showing they would rather not participate in the DT system than exclude lauda. <-- this would be how someone could support lauda.
I didn't receive the PM, but Lauda's quarrels with the flags system aren't really of interest to me. Lauda seems to have worked out the immediate issues they had with theymos anyway.

My reasons are the following:
  • Having a custom trust list did very little for me. The difference between DT and the trust system with my list was a matter of 1 or 2 ratings most of the time. It wasn't worth the effort of having to maintain, or even think about the list.
  • Having a custom trust list did very little for anyone else. The majority of people that have me on their list either trust the people on my list too or trust other people that trust the people on my list, so my trust list did very little to change the ratings people saw.
  • I'm not DT1, nor do I want to be, and so my trust list has very little to do with any sort of voting.
  • I think that the flags system is just further complicating an already complicated system with a questionable amount of benefit. I can't say I fully support it, so wiping my trust list is kind of my way of showing that.
  • The reason stated in my PM to you.

tl;dr I don't think the trust system in it's current form is the best (but I think that anyone would struggle to make it any better). That, and my impact in the system being low, made it not worth the time or effort to think about and maintain my list.
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
I was not referring to you. Smiley

But to answer your question, if someone received the PM from theymos, they could have wiped their trust list as a protest against being pressured to exclude lauda from their trust list. It would be a way of showing they would rather not participate in the DT system than exclude lauda. <-- this would be how someone could support lauda.

There you go again, speculating on why people do certain things that you can't figure out.  

You are fucking mental, get back on the meds and stop making shit up to fit your fucked up wacky ass agenda. Roll Eyes

Edit - Did you ever even consider the fact that many users don't want to even deal with, nor have the time for, ANY of this trust bullshit anymore? Did you even consider that "angle"?  Shocked
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134
₿uy / $ell

I don't see how it will benefit Lauda in any way, I understand if I have excluded theymos, yeah then I support him/her.
But what you suggest the only negative will be for the community.
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298
In the past week, 4 DT1-members have wiped their Trust list. This is probably caused by the drama that followed after theymos introduced Trust flags:
Three of the four DT1 users who wiped their list are closely associated with Lauda, and likely did this to support lauda.

minifrij has previously told me that he doesn't want to be in DT at all:
reference.
[...]I have no real interest in being a part of the DefaultTrust system, but I'm not going to put the energy in to remove myself from it.

How the hell I would support Lauda if I wiped my trust list?

legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134
₿uy / $ell
In the past week, 4 DT1-members have wiped their Trust list. This is probably caused by the drama that followed after theymos introduced Trust flags:
Three of the four DT1 users who wiped their list are closely associated with Lauda, and likely did this to support lauda.

reference.
[...]I have no real interest in being a part of the DefaultTrust system, but I'm not going to put the energy in to remove myself from it.

How the hell I would support Lauda if I wiped my trust list?
I just deleted my custom trust list in other words I just resigned from my DT position.
This is my way to protest against that political madness happening right now in the forum.

The breaking point was the confrontation between theymos and Lauda which escalated to such level, I guess it's already around meta and the reputation board,  which made me rethink my position in the DTs.
I don't want to choose a side in this case, both parties made mistakes but that was not the way to find solution. Fighting, using the DTs as a weapon and do everything hidden in PMs.

For me everything should be public, especially such confrontations, so I do not agree with both parties.

So people please, for the sake of the community, settle down your problems once and for all.

It's almost 2AM here, and I'm awake only because of this political drama.

P.S. I'll still serve the community one way or another.

For me everything should be public, especially such confrontations, so I do not agree with both parties.

I believe none of them intended this to be non public, since they contacted a huge list of people.

The point being they just wanted to ensure that every recipient had knowledge of that message.

As you can see it quickly became publics and a lot of meta drama is already going on related to this.

This is true but I don't really have time for all the drama, this has to end somehow. I don't really need to read all these explanations why people tagged (now flagged) their long time fighting compadres, trowing shit at each other. I don't really want to choose a side because there you see, someone said one thing. If I have to take a side, I have to decide alone and find and read all those proven facts that someone is this or that. But I don't have time to concentrate on such things, no. Those fights are for years and most likely things are no real evidence of any crimes-accusations.
If I wanted this I would probably have joined a party til now.

I prefer to put my time in something more constructive.
I still think theymos should have created a thread and sent a link to everyone instead of doing everything in PMs. Then Lauda came with his/her message with got me thinking that this is way too much for me and I don't want to be part of it.

I just deleted my custom trust list in other words I just resigned from my DT position.
This is my way to protest against that political madness happening right now in the forum.
You can only resign from DT1, not from DT2.

I hope you'll reconsider in time: DT1 needs users who don't like the "political madness", and I think you're one of them. May I suggest fighting the madness by ignoring it, and continue doing the right thing?

Thank you for your kind words Loyce.
I won't give up on the forum and the community. I continue the same way, no matter if I'm on DT1/DT2 or not. I didn't ask for this power it was given to me by the community, so I hope when things settle down I might join the DT1 again, if I'm still wanted.

copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

reference.

I have been DT1 for years and just do not want to deal with it anymore...too much drama.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.51446619

Gotcha. I hadn't seen that post. Thanks for clarifying that up
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

reference.

I have been DT1 for years and just do not want to deal with it anymore...too much drama.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.51446619

Pages:
Jump to: