Pages:
Author

Topic: Using renewable resources in Bitcoin Mining - page 2. (Read 202 times)

Activity: 1344
Merit: 565
Yes, El Salvador stating that it will use renewable sources of energy to mine Bitcoin is a good news. When the world is demonizing Bitcoin mining, thanks to Elon's statement that Bitcoin mining increases electricity consumption, El Salvador has shown quite how these sources of how geothermal energy can be used and excess of this energy can just be used for Bitcoin mining. Quite grateful to El Salvador to show the way.

Further, this would encourage different countries to come up with more avenues to tap into renewable sources of energy and thus increase sustainability.
True, this is a good move by the El Salvador President and will charge a new part for Bitcoin mining but the thing is, why hasn't this been thought about by all of the Bitcoin mining countries?
It is the necessity they say is the mother of all invention and has that pushed El Salvador this way because they saw no other way to their economic financial problems. We know there are a lot of different renewable energy sources that could be use for this purpose and I am personally glad that we will start to look at this option now.
legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
ever since 2014.
majority of bitcoin mining farms had already set up in renewable energy regions due to the deals they could do with power companies.

so for mining farms its been a non issue

the complaints about bitcoin mining and climate change is not the large pools/farms. but instead the hobby miners that cant just move house to a new region and so just use their domestic house electric supply where they live which mostly isnt in renewable regions.

its the hobby miners overloading their streets circuit capacity and causing brownouts in residential area's that governments are trying to tackle.. not the farms in renewable regions.

what you will find is that most altcoins dont do 'farming'/large mining projects and their mining attempts are instead done by hobby miners in residential neighbourhoods using residential quality circuit breakers. in regions with fossil fuel power stations

thus altcoins are the coins more likely to be fossil fuel burners.. not bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

there's the Strike app they are saying, kind of wallet they use there to pay BTC.  proof that they really use BTC there casually that even this local store accepts BTC.
mining using the volcano is very renewable. not a very common use for a volcano but if it can be done it's good.

so this is the government mining BTC, that's very positive news for the locals, the government is said to be paying BTC to their employees.
Activity: 237
Merit: 67
Let's create the Indie Metaverse!
Yes, El Salvador stating that it will use renewable sources of energy to mine Bitcoin is a good news. When the world is demonizing Bitcoin mining, thanks to Elon's statement that Bitcoin mining increases electricity consumption, El Salvador has shown quite how these sources of how geothermal energy can be used and excess of this energy can just be used for Bitcoin mining. Quite grateful to El Salvador to show the way.

Further, this would encourage different countries to come up with more avenues to tap into renewable sources of energy and thus increase sustainability.
Activity: 1862
Merit: 830
Within few days the forum is flooded with topic regarding how El Salvador is making Bitcoins a legal currency. Honestly I was not so sure that it will be a great idea considering how the Volatility is reaching similar heights of 2020. But there was an article that not only we are overlooking but is also a leap in the industry.

El Salvador color going to use Volcanic sources of energy to mine Bitcoins

I do believe that we all understand how renewable sources of energy and their integration in Bitcoin mining was something that we needed since a long time.

This is how you correctly move forth with such decisions.
For me it's a really big news since I don't see that we have seen such steps on a big scale yet.

Way to go !!

https://www.npr.org/2021/06/11/1005231250/el-salvador-plans-to-use-electricity-generated-from-volcanoes-to-mine-bitcoin

You can read the full article here.
Pages:
Jump to: