Pages:
Author

Topic: Using ~snip~ - page 2. (Read 450 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 15
Future of Security Tokens
January 11, 2019, 02:02:57 AM
The key to a successful quote is that, it should not clog up a thread and make it difficult to read.
If your are replying to the entire text, and it's a little above yours then you can clear out the entire content ans replace it with snip or ellipses.
If replying to a specific part of a text, then you should clear out the rest of the text leaving that content you want to reply to.

If it's a long thread, and the text is far above yours, then you can quote the text without clearing, so readers do not have to go back up to take in the full context of you reply.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789
January 11, 2019, 12:11:40 AM
Quoting a post and commenting it professsionally is probably one of the hardest things to do in this forum. I believe most people already know how to snip a quote but the problem is they have to do it manually. For the average joe that's not the ideal solution as you want to post as many as possible (for a signature campaign). Maybe if there is a snip feature when you quote a post, where you can use it to a block of texts and then replace it with '~snips~' things could change. And OP, this is not new actually, we've talked about this many times and as you can see, some people still won't do it.

Personally, I choose to ignore people who can't quote properly, and it really helps to filter good contents that I should read.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 465
Telegram: @jperryC
January 10, 2019, 10:50:22 PM
DISCLAIMER: All of the image, links below are just random I've found while making this posts there's no intention on using the other post/s for any reasons just for an example

I was looking for some interested posts around the forum and some people are replying to posts and quoting the whole thing. I've posted it here since most of the new users are wandering here in the Beginners & Help section.

Here is the example of how NOT TO QUOTE: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.45593076

CORRECT WAY OF USING SNIP

image loading...

after quoting the post you should change it to ~snip~, -snip- (or whatever design you want) but not all the time you need to do the snipping you can always leave there are somethings you don't need to remove for example you're want to correct a part of the post

And you want to focus on a certain part of the post this way you're going to do this:

image loading...

Well, I was hoping that the new generation of the forum users will not make the same mistake as the past users (including me) let's change the forum by following this simple steps. I was hoping that you will take this seriously since it makes your post clean and more professional and constructive.
Pages:
Jump to: