Pages:
Author

Topic: Using Waves With Nano Ledger S - page 2. (Read 230 times)

Activity: 1750
Merit: 186
December 27, 2021, 01:39:52 AM
is there anyone here that has waves and uses it with the nano ledger s?  My waves are stored in the waves exchange desktop client.  I have a waves seed phrase that is associated with the account so I have to enter my password each time to log into the waves exchange client.  I have a nano ledger s where i store btc and bch with it.   With the waves seed phrase, you can restore it on a computer.  

From what I am reading, if you want to move your waves that has a seed phrase to nano ledger, the first thing you need to do is a sign up a new account on the waves exchange client that connects to the nano ledger?   You then create a new password with it.  Then after this is done, you need to plug your nano ledger into your computer and install the waves app on the nano ledger?

Then you log into your waves exchange desktop client with your password which will give you access to your seed phrase waves account. Then you send a test amount of waves from your seed phrase wallet to the waves account associated with nano ledger?  This confuses me here because you cannot use ledger live with waves.  So how exactly are you suppose to send the waves to it?  So you would use the waves address displayed in the nano ledger for you to send to that would also display on the laptop screen?

So after you send all your waves to the nano ledger, then you need the nano ledger every single time you receive or send waves from it right?  I know you have to use waves exchange with nano ledger but this seems very confusing.  So what happens if you have other coins like waves community tokens that you want to send etc?  Or say btc in a waves wallet you want to send?  What about when you want to stake or unstake?  You need the nano ledger for any of these processes?

Now assuming you send all your waves to nano ledger, does this mean your wave seed phrase is thus useless since those waves are now in the nano ledger?  Thus let say you only have btc and bch in your nano ledger.  Your nano ledger seed phrase now contains your btc, bch and waves?  

So having your waves and using it with the nano ledger s is going to make your coins secure because no waves can be sent or any transaction be done inside the waves exchange client... without nano ledger allowing it?   This seems very confusing because you are using the waves client with it.
Pages:
Jump to: