Pages:
Author

Topic: usury = not cool - page 4. (Read 5239 times)

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey
April 14, 2012, 01:58:11 PM
-----
...not sure why it seems to be tolerated here.  Please support IBB and
help put these thieves out of business ASAP!

Theievs? Are you fucking joking? I LOVE the people that "usury" me, They make my life so much better by allowing me to have money WHEN I NEED IT, And all they ask is a service fee.
Sounds like a business to me.

Riddle me this: How can they be Thieves if when they Give You money, and then ASK that you sign a contract that will force you to pay WHAT YOU AGREED TO PAY
It is Impossbile for Anyone of these "usurpers" to "steal" anything from Anyone.

WE ARE GIVING THEM THE MONEY.
donator
Activity: 266
Merit: 252
I'm actually a pineapple
April 14, 2012, 01:57:20 PM
It's "tolerated" here because the "usurers" provide a service that others do not, without coercion. We don't have thugs breaking bones, nor do we force people to borrow from us. Additionally, we let people borrow from us without judgment, which I'd imagine you might have trouble doing.

But if you must barge in and start calling honest people thieves (good way to make friends, by the way), would you care to elaborate on how you'd expect large loans to work in this environment? All moralistic "anti-usury" (i.e., interest) proposals I've seen have skirted the issue with fairly minor semantic differences that seem to miss the point. And the actual point is to act against one's own self-interest, so I'm not sure how you'll make that happen without a vengeful god standing menacingly over everyone, ensuring that rational self-interest is preserved with a threat of violence.

Just to make things clear: I do think the interest rates are high, and would like them to be lower. But with the number of scammers in the community and the uncertainty over exchange rates, I don't see interest rates going down significantly in the near future.
vip
Activity: 490
Merit: 271
April 14, 2012, 01:52:23 PM
vip
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.
April 14, 2012, 01:46:39 PM
I'm not sure how you'll make that happen without a vengeful god standing menacingly over everyone, ensuring that rational self-interest is preserved with a threat of violence.

God bless America.
donator
Activity: 266
Merit: 252
I'm actually a pineapple
April 14, 2012, 01:42:33 PM
-----
...not sure why it seems to be tolerated here.  Please support IBB and

(If there is some service you really need which IBB is not providing, I am
willing to work with them to make it happen, e.g. deposits, at
0% interest of course, chequing, whatever.)
-----

HKUQl1SRTIIVWEIiMfM0REEAWbAionmwSftaVOliUtzm/93Zm6iKklSr9z3oyawZon/LPSYu2tB+R0ViSj6dqD0=

It's "tolerated" here because the "usurers" provide a service that others do not, without coercion. We don't have thugs breaking bones, nor do we force people to borrow from us. Additionally, we let people borrow from us without judgment, which I'd imagine you might have trouble doing.

But if you must barge in and start calling honest people thieves (good way to make friends, by the way), would you care to elaborate on how you'd expect large loans to work in this environment? All moralistic "anti-usury" (i.e., interest) proposals I've seen have skirted the issue with fairly minor semantic differences that seem to miss the point. And the actual point is to act against one's own self-interest, so I'm not sure how you'll make that happen without a vengeful god standing menacingly over everyone, ensuring that rational self-interest is preserved with a threat of violence.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006
April 14, 2012, 01:19:32 PM
{0 BTC available}
Roll Eyes

Also most amounts borrowed here would qualify as microcredits. I don't really get why anyone would borrow BTC at such rates or at all, but who am I to judge?

IBB seems to need some steady source of income, I wonder why they didn't buy some of these PPS-mining bonds yet.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227
Away on an extended break
April 14, 2012, 01:05:26 PM
Can you provide interest free loans for amounts like 10000+ btcs and absorb the damages due to scams?
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
April 14, 2012, 12:17:43 PM
-----
...not sure why it seems to be tolerated here.  Please support IBB and

(If there is some service you really need which IBB is not providing, I am
willing to work with them to make it happen, e.g. deposits, at
0% interest of course, chequing, whatever.)
-----

HKUQl1SRTIIVWEIiMfM0REEAWbAionmwSftaVOliUtzm/93Zm6iKklSr9z3oyawZon/LPSYu2tB+R0ViSj6dqD0=
Pages:
Jump to: