Pages:
Author

Topic: UTXO Management Best Practices - page 2. (Read 239 times)

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1224
Life's but a walking shadow!
October 27, 2023, 12:41:32 PM
The more UTXO's you have, the more fees you will pay when you want to spend your coins, that is why you are advised to consolidate your smaller inputs/utxo's whenever transaction fees is low, so that you can save fees for yourself when you want to spend your coins later.
I am wondering if anyone here has any recommendations for UTXO management best practices. Setting aside privacy issues (I am aware For example, if I have 10 bitcoins in cold storage, should I make one 10 bitcoin UTXO? Two 5 bitcoin UTXOs? Ten 1 bitcoin UTXOs? I am sure the answer is different for everyone base don their preferences and needs, but am wondering what people think. Thank you for your opinions.
If you are concerned about the fees you'll pay when spending, then one UTXO. If you want to separate your coins for security reasons and to remove the chance of a single point of failure, then different UTXO's in different wallets, if you are concerned about your privacy, use coin control to spend specific UTXO's.
Activity: 6
Merit: 4
October 27, 2023, 12:32:55 PM
I am wondering if anyone here has any recommendations for UTXO management best practices. Setting aside privacy issues (I am aware of those), and focusing only on future cost savings, how big should my UTXOs be? For example, if I have 10 bitcoins in cold storage, should I make one 10 bitcoin UTXO? Two 5 bitcoin UTXOs? Ten 1 bitcoin UTXOs? I am sure the answer is different for everyone base don their preferences and needs, but am wondering what people think. Thank you for your opinions.
Pages:
Jump to: