Pages:
Author

Topic: UTXOs and Bitcointalks's Signature Campaigns - page 2. (Read 160 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 12
For those that participate in Bitcoin Signature Campaigns, a significant number of UTXOs are generated which impede their ability to spend or use their coins, and the costs associated with the transfer by the campaign manager are also high and inefficient.

I haven't participated in any signature campaigns on BitcoinTalk, but I have observed this and I am curious on what current members think about the topic of Unspent Transaction Outputs (UTXOs) and signature campaigns.

Currently there are a lot of signature campaigns run paying $40 - 50 USD of BTC per week, however transaction fees are sitting around $3 - 50+ USD per week at the moment, particularly post Bitcoin halving.

For anyone that has participated in these campaigns if they wish to sell or trade their coins, they'll have a ton of UTXOs and so the fees calculated to combine these could be immensely high. Even if currently the fiat value is not absurdly high, long term when the fiat price of BTC continues to rise, they will look back and recognise how much BTC they had to pay to spend these coins.

Is there any fix or solution to this?

The only thing I can imagine is that Bitcointalk.org offers an escrow service of some kind where users are sent coins directly as transfers on the forum, similar to the sMerit system, but they can be withdrawn at a certain amount. That way 10 weeks of campaign participation result in 1 UTXO via withdrawing from Bitcointalk forum escrow rather than multiple directly from the campaign manager. The development and security efforts required may not be worth it, but curious to hear your perspectives.
Pages:
Jump to: