Pages:
Author

Topic: Value of BTC is NOT connected to Difficulty! - page 2. (Read 1926 times)

Activity: 910
Merit: 501
Value of BTC is NOT connected to Difficulty!

Oh, ok.  Good to know.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000
Why does everyone think/assume so?!  Do they think just because it's harder to "get" something, the value of it would be worth more
The scarcity of gold helps to give it value.
KSV
Activity: 398
Merit: 250
SVERIGES VIRTUELLA VALUTAVÄXLING
I completely agree with you and it's so frustrating to get into this argument all the time here.

Everyone should have to take an intro economics class before they are allowed to post here, lol.

that would be an ideal situation +1
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
I completely agree with you and it's so frustrating to get into this argument all the time here.

Everyone should have to take an intro economics class before they are allowed to post here, lol.
KSV
Activity: 398
Merit: 250
SVERIGES VIRTUELLA VALUTAVÄXLING
Well, I got into this argument with that exact stance a week or so ago.  The fact remains that there are some who really believe this.

I think the only thing we agreed on in the end was that BTC value predicts future diff increases (because of capital rushing in for promise of profit.)

I still believe value has nothing to do with diff, but some will argue vehemently against that premise.  Un fortunately, neither can be proven 100% correct, yet.

yeah gotta agree that a price rise indicates a possible rise in difficulty in the near future. . . thats probably where it ends IMHO.
donator
Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012
Why does everyone think/assume so?!
Congnitive bias.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
www.DonateMedia.org
The market decides the value of BTC, not the miners themselves which is the only thing difficulty effects. The value of BTC does determine the ROI a miner can expect from their hardware investment, so it is in their interest to see BTCs buying power rise along with mining difficulty but the two are not tied together directly.
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
Well, I got into this argument with that exact stance a week or so ago.  The fact remains that there are some who really believe this.

I think the only thing we agreed on in the end was that BTC value predicts future diff increases (because of capital rushing in for promise of profit.)

I still believe value has nothing to do with diff, but some will argue vehemently against that premise.  Un fortunately, neither can be proven 100% correct, yet.
Activity: 191
Merit: 110
Why does everyone think/assume so?!  Do they think just because it's harder to "get" something, the value of it would be worth more?

I don't understand where people get the idea that difficulty and value is somehow affiliated with each other.  The recent decent/pattern in BTC value clearly shows that the above statement is not true.  So please, STOP thinking when the difficulty is in the 9 digit figures, you'd be rich because (pulling random number out of my ass) value will be at $1000/BTC.  It's just wishful thinking.  Please research the economy of Bitcoin and understand how difficulty and value really works.
Pages:
Jump to: