Pages:
Author

Topic: Valve's Steam Deck as a Mining Machine? - page 2. (Read 361 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 508
#NeverForgetGoba
December 05, 2022, 11:41:35 AM
The default OS is based on Arch Linux and Valve doesn't perform any serious system lock, so i expect you just need to launch terminal and download/run needed mining software.

Which is what I hoped some of the users here already tested Cheesy But I'll try to do it myself then and test it out, I'm just curious and would like to rank them all per performance.
Activity: 1143
Merit: 925
December 05, 2022, 06:59:34 AM
I've got a Deck, trust me, the thermals in such a small unit would be prohibitive. You'll end up with a lot of heat and not a lot of hash to show for it
Activity: 518
Merit: 508
#NeverForgetGoba
December 05, 2022, 05:50:08 AM
Hey guys,

I'm trying to make an article that would rank all the current gen consoles and their mining capabilities, this is just for a random assignment that I'm doing, I'm not serious about mining on consoles Cheesy

I found enough info on the PS5 and Xbox Series XIS, but I'm having trouble getting any on Valve's Steam Deck.

This is the console I'm talking about: https://store.steampowered.com/steamdeck

It is a Zen 2 + RDNA 2 setup on Linux, and it can be easily modified.

In terms of the software and hardware, what would need to be modified and what could one expect?

p.s. I'm still new to the forum so I hope I placed this in the right sub-category.
Pages:
Jump to: