Author

Topic: Vanitygen: Vanity bitcoin address generator/miner [v0.22] - page 121. (Read 1153383 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Having said that, I do find it very frustrating not finishing things, so if you do have any other ideas I would still quite like to hear them... Smiley

Maybe try a fresh OS install as well. I am not sure.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
THE LLVM is almost entirely due to wrong driver version / files. It was my problem and many other peoples from the previous pages (I went through them all...)

To begin with, just check by trying:

oclvanitygen -D 0:0 -k -o found.txt 111111

and

oclvanitygen -D 0:1 -k -o found.txt 111111

If it fails, uninstall the ATi/AMD driver, then show hidden devices in device manager and if any hidden display devices are revealed, delete them. Then download and run Atiman Uninstaller to remove any leftovers.

Then reinstall 12.8 driver which most people find works. http://www.filehippo.com/download_ati_catalyst_vista_64/13064/ which is for vista, W7 and possibly W8 64-bit.

What "hidden devices" might there be? Also, how would you recommend removing in the first place? What I have been doing is downloading the installer for the version that I'm running, and using the uninstall option from that as Windows doesn't list it as an option in Add/Remove programs, but this seems like an odd way of doing it.

As for the Atiman Uninstaller, it needs to have UAC disabled to install it, which seems a little odd, and it's very large for an uninstaller... Is this generally accepted to be an OK utility?

They are devices that windows knows existed at some point in time but are not presently in the system or at least in the same configuration it has been previously. They can accumulate especially if you are swapping card types around and moving PCI slot positions. In Atiman Uninstaller it refers to them as 'ghosts' in the first texts the program displays, although, I have found it will remove them anyway, I guess its best to follow their advice and do it manually. They can also accumulate during driver changes if you use the regular AMD install/uninstaller.

I have it in my list of installed programs as "AMD Catalyst Install Manager".

Atiman Uninstaller uses a huge range of scripts and operations to remove all kinds of different things. No doubt you will be impressed/amused at how much stuff it does. It is VERY different from any uninstallation you might've seen for a normal program...

Yes, you were not wrong, I was both impressed and amused!

Sadly, however, it still doesn't work. I've rewound to 12.8, rebooting at all the times I was supposed to, and I still get the same error Sad

Many thanks for all you help and guidance, I think I'm going to give up for now and come back to in a month or so, once I can actually afford the time to play with things like this!

PS I was about to write back to R_Tage_11 to say a) it was free so calm down and be a bit more grateful, and b) try a dual boot if you can't settle for older drivers, i.e. exactly what you said, but you beat me to it!

Having said that, I do find it very frustrating not finishing things, so if you do have any other ideas I would still quite like to hear them... Smiley
THE LLVM is almost entirely due to wrong driver version / files. It was my problem and many other peoples from the previous pages (I went through them all...)

and

If it fails, uninstall the ATi/AMD driver, then show hidden devices in device manager and if any hidden display devices are revealed, delete them. Then download and run Atiman Uninstaller to remove any leftovers.

Then reinstall 12.8 driver which most people find works. http://www.filehippo.com/download_ati_catalyst_vista_64/13064/ which is for vista, W7 and possibly W8 64-bit.

What "hidden devices" might there be? Also, how would you recommend removing in the first place? What I have been doing is downloading the installer for the version that I'm running, and using the uninstall option from that as Windows doesn't list it as an option in Add/Remove programs, but this seems like an odd way of doing it.

As for the Atiman Uninstaller, it needs to have UAC disabled to install it, which seems a little odd, and it's very large for an uninstaller... Is this generally accepted to be an OK utility?

They are devices that windows knows existed at some point in time but are not presently in the system or at least in the same configuration it has been previously. They can accumulate especially if you are swapping card types around and moving PCI slot positions. In Atiman Uninstaller it refers to them as 'ghosts' in the first texts the program displays, although, I have found it will remove them anyway, I guess its best to follow their advice and do it manually. They can also accumulate during driver changes if you use the regular AMD install/uninstaller.

Atiman Uninstaller uses a huge range of scripts and operations to remove all kinds of different things. No doubt you will be impressed/amused at how much stuff it does. It is VERY different from any uninstallation you might've seen for a normal program...

Yes, you were not wrong, I was both impressed and amused!

Sadly, however, it still doesn't work. I've rewound to 12.8, rebooting at all the times I was supposed to, and I still get the same error Sad

Many thanks for all you help and guidance, I think I'm going to give up for now and come back to in a month or so, once I can actually afford the time to play with things like this!

PS I was about to write back to R_Tage_11 to say a) it was free so calm down and be a bit more grateful, and b) try a dual boot if you can't settle for older drivers, i.e. exactly what you said, but you beat me to it!
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
www.btcaudio.eu || LIVE-AUDIO-TICKER
Running nice at 50 Mkeys/s now that I've installed AMD driver version 12.8, was getting errors with 13.1

I am now on windows 8 x64 with driver 12.8 but I still get the found delta gpu/cpu hash error ..
Can you send us the special compiled version with disabled BFI_INT ? How can I disable EXPENSIVE_BRANCHES and DEEP_VLIW ? Also when compiling?
thanks!  Smiley
whats wrong with 7970 cards? they don't work well with Litecoin-mining and vanity generating also doesn't work ..

I have a damn expensive card and now my fu*king i7-3770k cpu is faster than my 7970 in vanity generating  Angry

I want to use Win7 x64 + AMD 7970 + Catalyst 13.8 + oclvanitygen !!!!

but I always get this stupid gpuhash-cpuhash-found-delta-ERROR

Whose fault is that? AMD ?

please fix this !!!!!!!!
Why do you want v13.8 why can you not downgrade to 12.8?

because this is my gaming-pc .. I need that driver for Battlefield 3

Well then you have a problem. Keep in mind that vanitygen was made by enthusiasts for the bitcoin community and is not a paid-for program or product, so you should not expect an easy to use push-bhutan-get-results kind of program.

Even though it runs on the command line the software is actually very impressive and well designed, once you get past the learning curve.

Does BF3 really need 13.8 ? 12.8 is 'old' but probably not too much older than the game. I'd be surprised if it doesn't play or if there is a huge performance hit. I have been playing bioshock infinite and a few others on 12.8 no problems..

I might suggest you consider creating a dual-booting system or install a second OS on another storage device / partition so that you can boot to it and run vanity gen.

It is probably possible to run oclvanitygen on a virtual machine however unless you are extremely familiar with enterprise-level VMware implementations or have an IT degree then you will probably struggle to get that working. Seriously, installing an OS to a spare IDE / SATA hard drive is a much faster option for 99.99% of people in this specific situation...

yes, I think I will install a second OS but what if this problem occurs also with AMD HD9970 ? this is unacceptable..

Right, well, vanitygen was made and supplied to you for free. Why do you think its unacceptable when you didn't even pay anything for it?

Are you saying that AMD cards and drivers should be made to run vanitygen? What a joke. AMD cards are designed to appeal to and function for gamers, not people with an interest in cryptocoin software, we are an extreme minority to them, barely worthy of their acknowledgement.
whats wrong with 7970 cards? they don't work well with Litecoin-mining and vanity generating also doesn't work ..

I have a damn expensive card and now my fu*king i7-3770k cpu is faster than my 7970 in vanity generating  Angry

please fix this !!!!!!!!

Well then you have a problem. Keep in mind that vanitygen was made by enthusiasts for the bitcoin community and is not a paid-for program or product, so you should not expect an easy to use push-bhutan-get-results kind of program.

Even though it runs on the command line the software is actually very impressive and well designed, once you get past the learning curve.

Does BF3 really need 13.8 ? 12.8 is 'old' but probably not too much older than the game. I'd be surprised if it doesn't play or if there is a huge performance hit. I have been playing bioshock infinite and a few others on 12.8 no problems..

I might suggest you consider creating a dual-booting system or install a second OS on another storage device / partition so that you can boot to it and run vanity gen.

It is probably possible to run oclvanitygen on a virtual machine however unless you are extremely familiar with enterprise-level VMware implementations or have an IT degree then you will probably struggle to get that working. Seriously, installing an OS to a spare IDE / SATA hard drive is a much faster option for 99.99% of people in this specific situation...

yes, I think I will install a second OS but what if this problem occurs also with AMD HD9970 ? this is unacceptable..

please fix this !!!!!!!!

and

I have a damn expensive card and now my fu*king i7-3770k cpu is faster than my 7970 in vanity generating  Angry

please fix this !!!!!!!!

legendary
Activity: 2087
Merit: 1015

I have a damn expensive card and now my fu*king i7-3770k cpu is faster than my 7970 in vanity generating  Angry

please fix this !!!!!!!!

please fix this !!!!!!!!
legendary
Mmmerlin, I do not know much about the parameters as I only use a laptop with a single gpu but I recall having trouble with driver versions

and

and

Yup, still crashing, FML - Many thanks for the advice though, will do so and report back!

and

I don't know if this is helpful at all, but the output is:

Compiling kernel, can take minutes...LLVM ERROR: Cannot select: 0x5634a18: i8 =
setcc 0x5624800, 0x5635210, 0x56244d0 [ID=80]
  0x5624800: i32 = AMDILISD::ADD 0x5635210, 0x5634ee0 [ID=63]
    0x5635210: i32,ch = CopyFromReg 0x3e280c0, 0x5635078 [ORD=179] [ID=51]
      0x5635078: i32 = Register %vreg40 [ORD=179] [ID=14]
    0x5634ee0: i32,ch = load 0x3e280c0, 0x5635188, 0x562db78nbounds ([8 x i32] addrspace(2)* @modulus, i32 0, i32 7)]> [ORD=178] [ID=55]
      0x5635188: i32 = Constant<28> [ID=39]
      0x562db78: i32 = undef [ORD=150] [ID=2]
  0x5635210: i32,ch = CopyFromReg 0x3e280c0, 0x5635078 [ORD=179] [ID=51]
    0x5635078: i32 = Register %vreg40 [ORD=179] [ID=14]
Sorry for asking a question that's probably already been answered but I have looked a bit and this thread is very long.

Anyway, I'm trying to run on Win7 x64, I can run the plain vanitygen binary no problem, but the oclvanitygen gives me the LLVM ERROR problem. What is the latest on this? Is it a Catalyst problem? If not what are the causes?

I have on 6950 and one 7950 and it doesn't seem to run on either... Any tips for a total n00b would be very much appreciated!
The catalyst control center 13 and associated drivers has trouble running vanitygen you must downgrade to version 12.8

I've rolled back but I'm still getting the error on both cards I'm afraid. Any idea? Is the commandline instruction I'm using OK?

Which is "oclvanitygen -D 0:1,grid=1024x1024,invsize=1024 -o results.txt 1Test" in case you missed my edit on the previous page!
Sorry for asking a question that's probably already been answered but I have looked a bit and this thread is very long.

Anyway, I'm trying to run on Win7 x64, I can run the plain vanitygen binary no problem, but the oclvanitygen gives me the LLVM ERROR problem. What is the latest on this? Is it a Catalyst problem? If not what are the causes?

I have on 6950 and one 7950 and it doesn't seem to run on either... Any tips for a total n00b would be very much appreciated!
The catalyst control center 13 and associated drivers has trouble running vanitygen you must downgrade to version 12.8

I've rolled back but I'm still getting the error on both cards I'm afraid. Any idea? Is the commandline instruction I'm using OK?
legendary

EDIT: am running with: oclvanitygen -D 0:1,grid=1024x1024,invsize=1024 -o results.txt 1Test
Don't really know what I should be trying. If I use 0:2 to point it at the CPU it does work, but deviced 0:0 and 0:1 both crash...
Jump to: