Author

Topic: Vanitygen: Vanity bitcoin address generator/miner [v0.22] - page 137. (Read 1153383 times)

legendary
Activity: 977
Merit: 1000
vanitygen: Intel core i5 3570k 4.0ghz turbo running 100% power is getting about 840 kkey/s
oclvanitygen: PNY 660 ti stock 20.98 mkeys/s

oclvanitygen -p for my dual 660ti's doesn't work. says the platform number is 0 and I set it to 0, but it still shows the platform and devices after I try to launch... Works fine when I specify which device I want to run, and they both run well. I can't run them both at the same time in two windows although.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
I wonder if he was serious lol
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
thats easy, just use 1 as pattern

Ok, that actually made me laugh aloud Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
Can it be modified to match all available patterns at once so its more efficient?
thats easy, just use 1 as pattern
Activity: 1036
Merit: 504
Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(
Can it be modified to match all available patterns at once so its more efficient?
Activity: 720
Merit: 525
I tried a vanity address gave it 3 1run and it finds it in minutes but as soon as its 1run7 it is taking days to find.  Why does it take so much longer to find or make a vanity with 4 after the 1 that all bitcoin addresses have?

What is your keyrate? Finding vanity addresses is a probability game. You may be just getting unlucky finding 1run7. Vanitygen should be telling you the cumulative probability that you should have found the address by now. Does it say 99.9%? Or is your hardware very slow and it got lucky finding 1run very early?
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1260
May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
I tried a vanity address gave it 3 1run and it finds it in minutes but as soon as its 1run7 it is taking days to find.  Why does it take so much longer to find or make a vanity with 4 after the 1 that all bitcoin addresses have?
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
I can generate compressed keys using openssl, but is way slower than vanitygen. Uncompressed keys take more space in the blockchain...
legendary
cant you compress your own keys?
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
I hope someone will post a version that generates compressed keys, even if it just on CPU, though I prefer GPU.
legendary
Run it in a command prompt to get the error if it just exits
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
I'm not very good with running command line stuff and lack of a helpful readme or sample command lines isn't helping my cause much

I'm trying to create for myself a case sensitive vanity address using my gfx card.

If someone would be so kind as to throw up a sample command line that I could copy I'd be very grateful.

I want to +1 this because I too have been unable to get the kind of output I want.  Is it supposed to just generate a .oclbin file? What do I do with that?

Anyone? Please
Activity: 434
Does vanitygen work on alt coins like LTC, TRC, etc? I've never tried, wasn't sure if there was an option you'd need to use or just choose a prefix with the right number?
legendary
Activity: 1334
Merit: 1004
TTM
When I run vanitygen64, it operates at top speed for a few seconds (1.2 MK/s) then drops down to about half. This only happens usually while searching for 5 character prefixes (after the 1). Can anyone help me with this?
Windows 8 64 bit
AMD 8120 8 core

Also, how to use oclvanitygen? When I do
oclvanitygen.exe -d 0 1test
It just returns a list of devices. Help?

Use oclvanitygen.exe -p 0 -d 0 -d 0 1test
Activity: 322
When I run vanitygen64, it operates at top speed for a few seconds (1.2 MK/s) then drops down to about half. This only happens usually while searching for 5 character prefixes (after the 1). Can anyone help me with this?
Windows 8 64 bit
AMD 8120 8 core

Also, how to use oclvanitygen? When I do
oclvanitygen.exe -d 0 1test
It just returns a list of devices. Help?
Some days ago someone posted a Mac download for a vanity generator. I've had the thread deleted by the mods, but the poster was a brand new user and the only user who commented was also a new user. The software presents itself as a GUI to vanitygen, but in reality seems to harvest the generated addresses and keys, and upon receiving a certain amount of BTC the credit is transferred to a different address. I'm exposing this although it makes me look like a turd since it stole 14 BTC from me this morning.

The software can still be downloaded from https://github.com/trevory/bitvanity. I've downloaded the source and will look for some clues, but of course the precompiled binary can be something completely different.

In a moment of absolute stupidity and after having read about and being excited about vanity address generation, I generated a couple of addresses with this app and transferred some hard earned BTC into the address. Almost immediately all the bitcoins disappeared.

I've tried again with a much smaller amount and so far nothing has happened. It clearly triggers above a certain amount (the only other transaction to the receiving address is 2.09 BTC) in order to stay undetected. They may be using different addresses to receive and the limits might be variable or the thefts random.

The transaction ID is: ad46e931ff3ac203ed522c9fcba8a6b156ac4b0d73f3079b2b8e158d5e1be861

In the end 14 BTC lost, but a valuable lesson learned. Hopefully we can shut this scam down from the very beginning. If someone else wants to verify my findings, be my guest.

Obviously also now have to wipe the machine where I ran the software.

--chanba
1Hs6emZobgr5NqW1LGa2vRP5NvGwrYf84w (No vanity nor BTC left...)

Edit: The source code version is clean and has nothing scary. I was hoping to find something in the compiled binary and found this, so it's very clearly malware:
/Users/satoshinakamoto/Desktop/BitVanity Hacked/BitVanity/main.m/

Hmmmm this has me thinking of a new way to do cold storage.

Dowload a vanity gen to a pc. 
Disconnect PC from the internet. 
Generate a new address and private key. 
Keep a hard copy of the Address and private key, or perhaps on a usb stick that you only use on offline computers
You could then send coins to that address even though it wouldn't be linked to a wallet anywhere.
Then when you finally want to take the coins out, add the private key to a wallet at that time and away you go.

Activity: 6
Some days ago someone posted a Mac download for a vanity generator. I've had the thread deleted by the mods, but the poster was a brand new user and the only user who commented was also a new user. The software presents itself as a GUI to vanitygen, but in reality seems to harvest the generated addresses and keys, and upon receiving a certain amount of BTC the credit is transferred to a different address. I'm exposing this although it makes me look like a turd since it stole 14 BTC from me this morning.

The software can still be downloaded from https://github.com/trevory/bitvanity. I've downloaded the source and will look for some clues, but of course the precompiled binary can be something completely different.

In a moment of absolute stupidity and after having read about and being excited about vanity address generation, I generated a couple of addresses with this app and transferred some hard earned BTC into the address. Almost immediately all the bitcoins disappeared.

I've tried again with a much smaller amount and so far nothing has happened. It clearly triggers above a certain amount (the only other transaction to the receiving address is 2.09 BTC) in order to stay undetected. They may be using different addresses to receive and the limits might be variable or the thefts random.

The transaction ID is: ad46e931ff3ac203ed522c9fcba8a6b156ac4b0d73f3079b2b8e158d5e1be861

In the end 14 BTC lost, but a valuable lesson learned. Hopefully we can shut this scam down from the very beginning. If someone else wants to verify my findings, be my guest.

Obviously also now have to wipe the machine where I ran the software.

--chanba
1Hs6emZobgr5NqW1LGa2vRP5NvGwrYf84w (No vanity nor BTC left...)

Edit: The source code version is clean and has nothing scary. I was hoping to find something in the compiled binary and found this, so it's very clearly malware:
/Users/satoshinakamoto/Desktop/BitVanity Hacked/BitVanity/main.m/
Activity: 367
Find me at Bitrated
I'm not very good with running command line stuff and lack of a helpful readme or sample command lines isn't helping my cause much

I'm trying to create for myself a case sensitive vanity address using my gfx card.

If someone would be so kind as to throw up a sample command line that I could copy I'd be very grateful.

I want to +1 this because I too have been unable to get the kind of output I want.  Is it supposed to just generate a .oclbin file? What do I do with that?
I'm not very good with running command line stuff and lack of a helpful readme or sample command lines isn't helping my cause much Sad

Jump to: