Pages:
Author

Topic: VanitySearch (Yet another address prefix finder) - page 62. (Read 31225 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 696
Hello  Smiley

I've just published a new release. There is also a makefile for Linux but it supports only CPU release. CUDA release for Linux is coming. I'm very interested in knowing performance you get on your hardware (Linux/Windows/CPU/GPU).

Thanks for testing and reporting issues.
Yes,
For the CPU code it should not be a problem unless some intrinsics are missing with gcc. I have to check.
Concerning CUDA, I have to install the Cuda SDK on a Linux machine and try to compile, that should not be a big deal.
There is only few Windows specific functions (concerning high resolution timer) but I can easily make a linux code for it using gettimeofday().
I let you informed.
Wink
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789
Do you have any plan to write this for Linux? Or provide a guide to compile it on Linux?
I might try it on my Linux and will compare it with Vanitygen (my laptop is old, so it might worth to compare directly here).
Hello,

I would like to present a new bitcoin prefix address finder called VanitySearch. It is very similar to Vanitygen.
The main differences with Vanitygen are that VanitySearch is not using the heavy OpenSSL for CPU calculation and that the kernel is written in Cuda in order to take full advantage of inline PTX assembly.
On my Intel Core i7-4770, VanitySearch runs ~4 times faster than vanitygen64. (1.32 Mkey/s -> 5.27  MK/s)
On my  GeForce GTX 645, VanitySearch runs ~1.5 times faster than oclvanitygen. (9.26 Mkey/s -> 14.548 MK/s)
If you want to compare VanitySearch and Vanitygen result, use the -u option for searching uncompressed address.
VanitySearch may not compute a good gridsize for your GPU, so make several tries using -g options in order to find best performances.
Using compressed addresses is roughly 20% faster.

VanitySearch is available from https://github.com/JeanLucPons/VanitySearch

Benchmarks for various hardware (By DaveF):
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.50823897

There is still lots of improvement to do.
Feel free to test it and to submit issue.

Thanks.
Sorry for my bad English.
Jean-Luc
Pages:
Jump to: