Pages:
Author

Topic: "Vault 7" (Wikileaks) Discussion. Best Practices for Us? - page 2. (Read 1248 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 629
This is perfectly normal behaviour for "government" (after all, the violence monopolist).

I don't think that these "evil practices" are new.  Government, since its inception more than 5000 years ago, has always been a lying, cheating, violent fraud full of hypocrisy about their caring for the "common good".   The latest joke is that we may "vote" for it, so we now think that we have something to say, which makes us "responsible" for their actions.

There are only two dangers with government:

- believing their caring for the common good
- believing they are all mighty

These two erroneous beliefs are the basis of their power.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1268
i think malware on phones is going to be a massive problem going forward
especially with the increase in "mobile" devices and how people use them
for their financial accounting/general banking. its constantly in the back of
my mind when i use the banking app on my phone.

"whats going on in the background........"

even more reason to have a stand alone isolated laptop, netbook or PC
for sensitive material and BTC

the future is bright scary,
but shure if a fella has feck all there is feck all to be stolen.....
legendary
Activity: 3463
Merit: 4429
This is so sick it makes the latest fake news ore Russian hacks on Trump a Joke. But to be honest we all knew it they where doing this the whole time, right?
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange
I am excited that, after long months of nothing too relevant being published, Wikileaks finally put another nail in the coffin of the corrupt and manipulative government. After all, it was them that showed us the incriminating documents against the Democratic Party.

Although I am not surprised, this does frighten me based on what the government has done in the past. In fact, today Edward Snowden claimed the documents were a "genuinely big deal" and that it "looks authentic".

The fact that our government does this is truly scary and will hopefully come to an end. However, I believe the new administration will only expand CIA powers.

I'd warn all Bitcoin users to refrain from using online wallets because, no matter how trustworthy, it seems the government may be able to do what ever they'd like.
Especially seeing as how the government is in almost 20 trillion dollars of debt, I wouldn't be surprised if sooner or later the government tried to steal all our 401ks and retirement/education savings. And, if that's not enough, they may steal from companies like PayPal and perhaps will attempt to take from Bitcoin. After all, there are billions of dollars worth of Bitcoins.

If that doesn't happen, we've seen how stupid the government can be when handling classified material (ex. DNC) so how hard does anyone think it'd be to get into the governments own stolen malware documents and begin to rob everyone of our money?
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

Today Wikileaks leaked a huge trove of information on malware being used by our government.  Details can be found at Drudge and ZeroHedge (but not at cnn.com, LOL).  The viruses, trojans, "Year Zero" bugs, worms, etc., etc. are targeted at a huge number of digital devices, including smartphones, Samsung TVs, cars (think about that), and a large number of operating systems (including several LINUX systems).

One comment I read suggested that much of this malware will be easily stolen and used by our enemies (as STUXNET is).

Obviously this is troubling, perhaps especially to non-programmers like me.

I invite comments..., especially on Best Practices we might follow to protect our IDs, our BTC and whatever other of our digital information we care about.
Pages:
Jump to: