Pages:
Author

Topic: Venezuela Citizens Turn To Bitcoins In Record Numbers - page 3. (Read 1555 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Minter
And when the currencies of countries all around the world becomes devalued, people will have to step up to digital currencies.
Activity: 364
localbitcoins weekly volume 280 btc? either the population has suddenly reduced to a few thousand or this bullshit.

i'm getting tired of these dumb articles trying to find epicness where there is none to be found.

and if you did have bitcoin why would you sell it for bolivars? you'd need a truck to pick up the cash.

Everything fine until I read "wallet hacks"...

Actually bitcoin in Latin America have a lot of potential because of the corrupt/bad governments... A good chance to be free.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Was a thread a well back about why they where not taking on bitcoin with the unstable government like not even a couple months ago. So a turn around in a matter of short time is very unlikely and it would take time to advance bitcoin in this manner.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
localbitcoins weekly volume 280 btc? either the population has suddenly reduced to a few thousand or this bullshit.

i'm getting tired of these dumb articles trying to find epicness where there is none to be found.

and if you did have bitcoin why would you sell it for bolivars? you'd need a truck to pick up the cash.
This is true or just cut a cheque. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

Activity: 44
Merit: 0
So the entire country can run solely on bitcoin? Now that would be a real boost for bitcoin awareness across the globe if that indeed does happen.
Activity: 426
Bitcoins are becoming an increasingly popular form of digital currency, especially in areas that are suffering from currency devaluation. Unlike other forms of currency, the bitcoin remains relatively stable and isn't likely to suddenly drop in value at the drop of a hat.

This explains why Venezuela, a country that has been suffering from severe economic problems, is increasingly turning to bitcoins over there own currency.

http://bitcoinbulk.com/venezuela-citizens-turn-bitcoins-record-numbers/
Pages:
Jump to: