Pages:
Author

Topic: Venezuela is about to launch a free cryptocurrency course for every citizen! - page 2. (Read 234 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 0
Good news. Citizens of Venezuela will be able to buy, sell and mine digital currencies.
Activity: 350
Merit: 102
The creation of the petro in Venezuela is another form of currency control by the government, this currency lacks the conditions to be considered cryptocurrency because it arises differently and with a different purpose; the same would be promoted by a State and would be supported by the Central Bank, thus giving the regime the opportunity to expand its monetary liquidity. It is a system that seeks to capture the income of people who honestly decide to participate in such deception and also provide opacity and space to give money to dubious origin.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
One big question here: is venezuela's petro crypto currency different from the bolivar? Can venezuela reboot their economy and start over by issuing another currency in the hope bitcoin's value and brand name recognition will elevate and stabilize what would otherwise be a currency which would be weak based off of venezuela's current & future economic prospects.

I think most analysts and experts will say this is a desperation move on venezuela's part.

One might say Venezuela needs to create value in the form of jobs, better economic stats, higher independence from trade to bolster weaknesses which make them susceptible to sanctions. Will issuing a crypto currency create that type of value? I would guess: probably not. Venezuelans already have access to more reliable crypto such as bitcoin, litecoin, dash, ethereum and whatever else they choose. There's a big question as to what advantages venezuelans crypto currency might provide to them.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 332
Bitcoin in logical sense can help countries escape from recession or financial mess. If Venezuela has been able to profit that much from investing in bitcoin, then thats good news and I believe more countries would join such. Also, giving there young the training on minning and other aspects of cryptocurrency would help there economy more.
Activity: 266
Merit: 11
Believe or not in the Venezuelan Petro project, this news will change the perception of cryptocurrency all abroad. The fact that an entire Country has provided and shared such a big program will lay the foundation for a spread knowledge about this new and promising technology, and we all know how important is to spread the word in the world of Crypto.

The Venezuelan government has launched a free cryptocurrency training course to teach its citizens how to buy, sell and mine digital currencies, keeping a distinct eye on the Petro PTR cryptocurrency. The program we are referring to is called "Granja Laboratorio Petro", will be based in Caracas and will start after the launch of the pre-sale. The program that would otherwise cost from $600 to800, will be free for Venezuelan citizens, due to the interest by the government to spread the word.
The government, that is now in financial crysis, is probably trying to get new funds by attracting foreign investors bypassing the economic sanctions imposed by EU and USA.
The funds raised by the offering of PTR has now reached $1Billion as stated by Maduro and other press agencies.
Here is the pic from Maduro's tweet account. Let me know what you think, in my humble opinion, the more people know about crypto, the more this technology will grow overtime.

Pages:
Jump to: