Pages:
Author

Topic: Venezuela Petro coin , opinion? - page 3. (Read 534 times)

Activity: 116
Merit: 24
March 27, 2018, 06:55:49 AM
lol.. are you serious? they cannot normally buy food and toilet paper. but the main reason its not good idea is that petrocoin is under government. Maduro is just too boneheaded and do not understand principles of cryptocurrency
Activity: 148
Merit: 1
The stock photography revolution
March 27, 2018, 04:21:03 AM
El Petro is a type of futures for the future supply of oil.

Also Maduro said that only about 292 thousand investors took part in the pre-match. At the same time, 36% of transactions were carried out in US dollars, 15% - in euros, 18% - in crypto currency Ethereum, and 31% - in bitcoin. Crypto-investors from Colombia, Brazil, Japan, China, Palestine, Spain, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines showed interest in "the savior of Venezuela".

Until now, it is not completely clear which platform was used to release tokens - Ethereum (as indicated in the white paper of the project) or NEM (referred to in the guide for investors on the El Petro website);
Activity: 119
Merit: 0
March 26, 2018, 05:28:02 PM
how can a country where poverty and inflation through the roof to release the cryptocurrency and make it bring more profits. How can you trust their money in this project, it is already doomed Undecided
Activity: 994
Merit: 117
March 26, 2018, 05:34:11 AM
it seems the crypto world is now beginning to switch functions and is now set by various countries.
if I personally while still be profitable for me there is no harm in trying it.
Activity: 533
Merit: 100
March 26, 2018, 05:26:41 AM
Now, this is a war. Venezuela won't give their oil cheap and America is not happy about it and it's trying to suppress them. At first, it seems that this won't work. But then I read the whitepaper and I advise investors to read it too. They offer 100 million coins for the price 42$-60$ which could be high as the total would be above 4 billion. But this is backed up by their oil and their presiden't or state. And they already collected more than 700 million. Venezuela is maybe not the strongest country out there, but Petro cryptocurrency is backed up with a country that has large quantities of oil. Starting price is maybe not so good for small investors, but definitely, it will be interesting for investors.
Activity: 448
Merit: 10
March 26, 2018, 04:14:04 AM
too major news circulating around the news channels Petro coin is directly in contact with Russia President Putin and Putin is taking Petro coin to new levels
Activity: 756
Merit: 112
March 26, 2018, 03:54:37 AM
I don't what to call it actually. Is it a cryptocurrency? Cryptocurrencies are decentralized, this is so centralized. He even orders for corporations and companies to accept this currency. Whats decentralized on that?
Activity: 2884
Merit: 620
March 25, 2018, 07:58:19 PM
Venesuela has its government default, so I would not trust in this country coins, but can't avoid admiring their market strategy.
Why you wouldn't trust this coin?

I'm not really into much altcoins but if there's a government involved to that coin then I'm starting to get interested on what it will really bring but I don't buy, I just want to know more about it.

And now out of curiosity this is what I found out.

https://www.ccn.com/trump-bans-petro-a-pacquiao-ico-and-the-caribbean-goes-crypto-week-in-review/
Activity: 854
Merit: 100
March 25, 2018, 07:47:49 PM
Venesuela has its government default, so I would not trust in this country coins, but can't avoid admiring their market strategy.

Activity: 334
March 25, 2018, 06:04:54 PM

As far as I remember, the American president made it clear that this Venezuelan token could be banned. It's such a while that politics is very much regulating this or that crypto currency.
Activity: 308
Merit: 11
March 25, 2018, 02:27:01 AM
If El-Petro will successfully finance the Venezuelan economy this will create a precedent! Many countries under sanctions and unable to conduct normal trading activities will want to create their own crypto currency
However, the great difference of the Petro coin is its supply with oil and gasoline. If other states can offer something similar, they, of course, will be able to issue their centralized national crypto currency. Whether we like it or not, the states will vseravno issue centralized digital coins and we need this experience, we need to see how centralized and decentralized crypto-currencies will behave, how they can interact and ultimately which model is better. If we are confident that the future is behind decentralized coins, this is a good way to prove their superiority over centralized.
Activity: 133
Merit: 0
March 24, 2018, 04:27:45 AM
Maduro made a very clever move, with great potential for the future, the main drawback of this coin is that the president is the main guarantor, and if something happens to him, then without his support the coin will not last long.

Dont let something happen to him because he is the main supproter of this project. This project is really great, its not about the concept only but about the goverment launched their own cryptocurrency and take so much interest from citizens and villager.
yeah except venezuela is very unstable country, just let time flow and see what happens. i mean, yeah ofc maduro is key to this coin, but other things like oil price or the citizen be an apostate can make huge difference when it comes to overall coin prices.
Activity: 182
Merit: 5
March 24, 2018, 03:35:09 AM
The website doesnt look nice but it has a name. Im curious what will it bring..
Activity: 812
Merit: 500
March 24, 2018, 02:01:37 AM
Where is the exchange?
Activity: 266
March 24, 2018, 01:27:03 AM
Maduro made a very clever move, with great potential for the future, the main drawback of this coin is that the president is the main guarantor, and if something happens to him, then without his support the coin will not last long.

Dont let something happen to him because he is the main supproter of this project. This project is really great, its not about the concept only but about the goverment launched their own cryptocurrency and take so much interest from citizens and villager.
Activity: 140
Merit: 4
March 23, 2018, 05:00:08 PM
Activity: 308
Merit: 15
March 23, 2018, 04:21:22 PM
The official website of the crypto currency El Petro: http://www.elpetro.gob.ve/index-en.html Wink
Activity: 350
Merit: 1
March 23, 2018, 01:19:10 PM
A government that doesn't even have the ability to eat its own citizens, the credibility of digital encryption is questionable!

The President of the United States has banned American citizens from buying their oil encrypted money!
It's just a political issue, Trump always makes trouble.
crypto should be free from politics and it hurt the principle of freedom embraced by crypto.

I'm not talking about politics, because venezuela's credibility is so low!

If the digital oil money does not have the backing of the credit, this oil coin is meaningless!
Activity: 350
March 23, 2018, 12:18:27 PM
usa president trump already banned this coin ,,
also govt controlled coin it is . so stay away .
Activity: 672
Merit: 251
March 23, 2018, 11:36:44 AM
My opinion is that there are not a lot of investors and it is just goverment invested all the money. What is the sense of El petro if you can't exchange it on oil? I believe this is another way to money laundering
Pages:
Jump to: