Pages:
Author

Topic: Verify if seed is working - page 2. (Read 290 times)

Activity: 16
Merit: 9
July 15, 2023, 05:07:29 PM
Dear friends

After getting hot Electrum/hardware KeepKey working, I wanted to verify if I can load the same seed on an independent installation.

So I loaded the same Bip 39 seed on another cold computer, not connected to internet and without hardware wallet, only using Electrum.

Then I sent 40 sat to a receiving address of this last cold computer hoping that the amount would appear on the first hot computer. The transaction is confirmed by bitcoin explorer, but nothing appears on the hot wallet and I wonder why.

I know this is not the standard canonical way of setting a cold and hot  Electrum wallets, moving the public key from the cold to the hot wallet. But this is not what I want to do.  I am calling the wallets hot and cold just to identify how they are connected to internet, but they are not supposed to work together. The first Electrum/KeepKey wallet is already complete in itself and does not need the second.

I just want to verify that the seed really works on an independent installation without a hardware wallet and I supposed that in this case we should be able to use the same addresses. Otherwise how can we access the bitcoins?

What am I doing wrong?

Best
Pages:
Jump to: