Pages:
Author

Topic: Vertcoin holders! almost 20% of your coins were mined in the first 30 hours - page 4. (Read 4889 times)

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
Vertcoin launched with regular Litecoin difficulty adjustment, so this chart above applies to about 100+ different coins, including Litecoin itself.  It's not even close to how Darkcoin launched.  Darkcoin launched with block reward set to 500 instead of 50, supposedly "erroneously".

maybe it was the CENT bug LOL
that had one hell of a profitable POS stake bug hahahhaha
dev says whooooooooooopsy hhahah right lol
legendary
FUD Philanthropist™
the key issue is any coin that was sporting major new changes were hit hard right away.. it's normal.
the same can be said about the following examples..

- Primecoin
- Quark + Securecoin
- Maxcoin
- Doge
- Litecoin

they all stirred up a lot of interest and there for got hit hard by all of us.. so what ?

Prime was for example because of it having a totally new algo and the same pretty much for almost all i mentioned..

and any new coin that comes along with major new features changes or new algo will be hit hard and flash mined to hell and back too !
it's what we do Wink

i'm all for screaming scam but let's be fair about it.. you can't bad mouth VTC or Quark and ignore Prime coin or or or
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Vertcoin launched with regular Litecoin difficulty adjustment, so this chart above applies to about 100+ different coins, including Litecoin itself.  It's not even close to how Darkcoin launched.  Darkcoin launched with block reward set to 500 instead of 50, supposedly "erroneously".
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
OP probably holding one of the many scrypt-N coins to launch in the last while, and wants to see an exodus from VTC.
Activity: 309
Merit: 250
confused developer
are you trying to screw with the price or what ? what is your agenda ?
it seems like your bad mouthing for some ulterior motive.
or are you seriously unaware of how this stuff works ?

Pretty sure that is what he intends. There is no apparent reason to single out Vertcoin otherwise. This initial coin generation problem is present in every coin that used the bitcoin's very long retarget at launch (well the ones that anyone gave a fuck about at launch :p). It's simply what happens when you start a coin with minimum difficulty, very long retargets, and lots of people that want to mine it.
Activity: 182
Ask me about Karmacoin
vertcoin crashed enough times that the market has stabilized. I don't think you can call them out on the instamine anymore.

a lot of coins were instamined since no one wanted to deal with them at first. If i recall correctly vertcoin had a smooth lunch. You had all the otpions to mine it. I know i did. I mined a block. then it was too difficult

when vet joined crypsty i sold 50 verts for 0.9BTC.

like i said. Vertcoin bubble crashed and stabilized a few times. you has time to jump in many times. Unlike some other coins yet : )

PS: looking for coders and devs to help join karmacoin. kthanxbye
legendary
FUD Philanthropist™
no shit lol
did you just realize that all coins are flashed mined and especially any that are different than the usual scrypt clones ?
i bought some 2/3 weeks ago and started mining a month or two ago and i am fine with that.. it's how this stuff works.
EVEN though the coin came out in January and i didn't get ANY all this time i am not saying its unfair.. it's how this shit works lol

are you trying to screw with the price or what ? what is your agenda ?
it seems like your bad mouthing for some ulterior motive.
or are you seriously unaware of how this stuff works ?

and in case anyone is wondering i bought 1 BTC worth couple weeks ago over ANY other coin and they are worth like 0.66 to me now. lol
and with scrypt asics looming i'm holding them Smiley

edit:
bear in mind guys not all coins are equal and you should do your homework..
as in read up on the block reward etc.
Like Securecoin / SRC
that one was flash mined to fuck and back and i took part on day one then dropped it for a while and came back for 4 months or so..
it's reward and config was set to mimic Bitcoins.
it was fair as possible i think. (besides any gpu miner speculation stuff lol)
and at least some of the coins don't make changes after saying ooooh we raised the market cap LOL ..that is sooo scammy

..Vertcoin was fair i think too
Activity: 140
Wow, another instamine like Darkcoin, Darkcoin is instamine 2 millions darks from whole 22 millions by dev ... interesting.

I just went to take a look at Litecoin graph, and I found that Litecoin is instamine too. Between 24 to 54 hrs, 514,750 coins were mined.

http://cryptometer.org/litecoin_96_hour_charts.html

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
http://cryptometer.org/vertcoin_96_hour_charts.html

None of this bodes too well for Vertcoin holders, but I'm not sure it will stop people from investing in them.

You have 3,500,000 total mined currently. From around hour 33 to hour 63, 600,000 coins were mined.

That's what we call an instamine.

Pages:
Jump to: