Pages:
Author

Topic: Vertcoin [VTC][ANN] Segwit Activated | ASIC Resistant Decentralized GPU Mining - page 6. (Read 201382 times)

Activity: 670
Merit: 130
do i need to download and create a new wallet with a new address and send my coins to it before the fork?

install the latest wallet and you will be fine. just in case keep a copy of your wallet.dat file somewhere else before upgrading the wallet.
Activity: 65
Merit: 0
do i need to download and create a new wallet with a new address and send my coins to it before the fork?
Activity: 17
so new algo is available and only gpu can mine. What about fpga?
I think there will be some streams available soon for lyra2v3 algo for fpga.  Will you fork again and waste time and money ?
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240
Hey folks,

I've added the Lyra2V3 Port (5778) on

https://vtc.suprnova.cc

now as well, you must switch over to the new port with new miners once block 1080000 is reached.

Cpuminer is here:
https://github.com/tpruvot/cpuminer-multi

And GPU miner here:
https://github.com/vertcoin-project/ccminer-lyra2rev3

Have fun !
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1003
Are you ready to fork?

--->>> https://wenvtcfork.xyz/  Wink

Hard Fork to Lyra2REv3
Planned Fork @ Block 1080000
Current Block Height 1068293
Block Time 2.5 minutes
11707 Blocks To Go
Estimated Time Until Fork
~ 21 Days
Sat Feb 02 2019

You should upgrade your VTC Core wallet to v0.14.0 ASAP.

Very good...thank you.  Smiley
Activity: 155
Dear users,

VTC hardfork will happed soon. One day before hardfork I will add monitoring info bot to Tokyo support channel to help you switch to new stratum to [insta]mine VTC and get nice profit on VTC on new algo.

Tokyo pool (https://pool.rig.tokyo/site/mining/) fully tested new VTC algo in testnet and have already running stratum for lyra2v3

Connect string: -a lyra2v3 -o stratum+tcp://pool.rig.tokyo:4550 -u Your_VTC_Address -p c=VTC

coin VTC
        Current block: 1078249
        Current block time: 150
        Hardfork block: 1080000
        Estimated time to wait: 3 days, 57 minutes, 30 seconds
        Block to go: 1751

Tokyo Pool features:
 - hourly payouts
 - fee is 0.5%
 - advanced miner diff autotuning, its very important to maximize profit.

Welcome to join our pool support channels:
telegram - https://t.me/tokyo_pool
discord - https://discord.gg/dynBa7c

Thank you!

for hobbyminer im moron Wink  for investor im right - vertcoin is not a coin for heavy investors its a hobby coin Wink  coinmarketcap ranking says it all... a coin going from top 100 to top 300 speaks for itself moron Wink

with this fork vertcoin kicked itself out of every serious investor...no serious investor will get into this coin with this hardfork shit...
so much time and money wasted to design new algo which will be done in few months anyway by some bitmain or innosilicon guy or whatever...
just useless and they didnt get the point yet - gpu mining is over...it was over after March 2018 already...thatswhy they are even not under top 200 coins...
vertcoin has become a shitcoin ...I am a big fan of this coin but these devs made the coin a shitcoin...
designing a dgb/usd exchange wont safe anything...if you kick out all serious investors and want some hobby gpu miner then go for it....
best indicator for wrong decision is price Smiley and vtc price is sinking day by day...

instead wasting time and money into forking shit they should have done some more nice events regarding dgb/usd exchange and get some serious investors in...
now its just a ****coin Sad

I cant believe that this coin became so useless now - i had high hopes....but guess it will be done and left by devs  soon like so many other shitcoins....

next price target: 0,04 to 0,07   -  no gpu in the world can mine this coin with profit...only when you get free electricity - and sorry for this comment vtc community - but free electricity is not available to 99% of community - so the dream will stay a dream ...

You moron? Asic is evil!
Activity: 49
Merit: 2

Dear miners,
As you might have known, on 1080000 block Vertcoin is switching to lyra2v3 algo. Our dev team has been working hard to add support for this new algo to our pool stratum. A couple of days ago on testnet we have successfully found a block on lyra2rev3 that was confirmed by the network!
If you want to be among the first VTC lyra2v3 miners you should switch to https://bsod.pw now and mine without any worries - you don't have to waste your time looking for a working pool as you are already on the right one

Code:
-a lyra2v2 -o stratum+tcp://eu.bsod.pw:2536 -u WALLET.rig
Activity: 105
with this fork vertcoin kicked itself out of every serious investor...no serious investor will get into this coin with this hardfork shit...
so much time and money wasted to design new algo which will be done in few months anyway by some bitmain or innosilicon guy or whatever...
just useless and they didnt get the point yet - gpu mining is over...it was over after March 2018 already...thatswhy they are even not under top 200 coins...
vertcoin has become a shitcoin ...I am a big fan of this coin but these devs made the coin a shitcoin...
designing a dgb/usd exchange wont safe anything...if you kick out all serious investors and want some hobby gpu miner then go for it....
best indicator for wrong decision is price Smiley and vtc price is sinking day by day...

instead wasting time and money into forking shit they should have done some more nice events regarding dgb/usd exchange and get some serious investors in...

I cant believe that this coin became so useless now - i had high hopes....but guess it will be done and left by devs  soon like so many other shitcoins....

next price target: 0,04 to 0,07   -  no gpu in the world can mine this coin with profit...only when you get free electricity - and sorry for this comment vtc community - but free electricity is not available to 99% of community - so the dream will stay a dream ...

You moron? Asic is evil!
Think that I was so insulted 5 months ago when I warned on reddit that this piece was going nowhere.......I WAS SO RIGHT NOW ! OH COME ON MY ASS IS SO BIG NOW ! WOOWOOO ! WHERE ARE THESE VERTCOIN FANS ?? I told you to switch to NANO.....but hey, that's you money right ? SO.....finally lose everything! and cry me a river !

and even now bittrex is adding DGB/USD  - So Vertcoin will become more worthless...sorry for the vertcoin team but you dont get real investors with forking like kids all the time and changing algo...I dont want to spread FUD as I am a very big fan of vertcoin but the devs and leaders of vertcoin had real bad decisions during bear market.
I think the project will be left soon - coin is going to hit 3 - 4 cents very soon. It went down from top100 to top 300 and i think it will sink more.

Good job VTC devs with forking against asic when there is time to realize some reallife applications instead of forking all the time....
Every Fork => Mistrust of Investor => Investor will not buy any machine nor gain trust => No Mining anymore => only hobbyminers and free electricity miners left => Price falls => becomes a shitcoin => DEVS leave project and buy a villa with the money made Wink
Activity: 72
Think that I was so insulted 5 months ago when I warned on reddit that this piece was going nowhere.......I WAS SO RIGHT NOW ! OH COME ON MY ASS IS SO BIG NOW ! WOOWOOO ! WHERE ARE THESE VERTCOIN FANS ?? I told you to switch to NANO.....but hey, that's you money right ? SO.....finally lose everything! and cry me a river !

Activity: 630
Merit: 103
TOKPIE
Vertcoin Development Update — December 2018
Vertcoin has demonstrated its willingness and ability to fork (though not the last) to kick off ASICs/botnets and deter future ones wondering where to best place their investments. Ensuring mining stays on readily available, multi-purpose, consumer devices is paramount to ensuring the health, immutability, and distribution of the network.

https://medium.com/vertcoin-blog/vertcoin-development-update-december-2018-cbd5e6d64cea
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
Are you ready to fork?

Hard Fork to Lyra2REv3
Planned Fork @ Block 1080000
Current Block Height 1068293
Block Time 2.5 minutes
11707 Blocks To Go
Estimated Time Until Fork
~ 21 Days
Sat Feb 02 2019

You should upgrade your VTC Core wallet to v0.14.0 ASAP.

Activity: 338
Merit: 251
Vertcoin has been amazing so far.

1. Development - the development team has been doing a stellar job so far as volunteers and as people who are not taking pay from the projects in the form of developer's fees, premine or anything of that sort. Throughout the bear market they've been around, delivering even though they're not obliged to. Keeping my eyes peeled for more coming from the team for sure!

While I appreciate the volunteer aspect, we should take note that about a year ago to this day there were well over $100,000 worth of VTC in donations. Since then its dwindled to less than $10,000 due to the price drop but those coins are still there. Its high time the devs take some of that donation money out, get paid, and get more done. I personally donated thousands of VTC alone so far and it would be nice to see more results.
Activity: 26
Merit: 1
Vertcoin has been amazing so far.

1. Development - the development team has been doing a stellar job so far as volunteers and as people who are not taking pay from the projects in the form of developer's fees, premine or anything of that sort. Throughout the bear market they've been around, delivering even though they're not obliged to. Keeping my eyes peeled for more coming from the team for sure!

2. Price action wise I'll be honest - it's nothing great at all since it's not that popular and there isn't much going around for people to P&D it. But I truly admire the team for working not to pump the price, but to take this as a ground to further the technology and to experiment on stuffs.

3. Community - it's shrunken across the board, Discord gets quiet sometimes but generally still plenty of chatter. Just not as much as its heydays during the bullrun, but still lots of activity and many lovely people sticking around.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1100

I only know Russian very well. Non-professional translation of this article will not be correct, so it is in Russian.

Any language is also an element of decentralization.

Pages:
Jump to: