Pages:
Author

Topic: ViaBTC offers a nice service for very small transactions - page 2. (Read 1736 times)

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1025
I remember your other thread, glad you found a solution!

Is this service completely free? There's no hidden strings attached? Have they given you any messages from you constantly using this tool? I wonder how they do this for free. I've been looking for a way to transfer small amounts as well.
I've seen his thread also and tried viabtc and it is free like what they have stated in their webpage. I think they get something from this from the generous donators who give them atleast something after using their service.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
I remember your other thread, glad you found a solution!

Is this service completely free? There's no hidden strings attached? Have they given you any messages from you constantly using this tool? I wonder how they do this for free. I've been looking for a way to transfer small amounts as well.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

Various members here at bitcointalk suggested I check with the service I briefly explore in this thread.  Thank you guys!

Normally I do not "do" small transactions, but my blockchain.info iPhone app has not worked well for months now.  I have been unable to transfer normal amounts of BTC -- getting one of two error messages.  I DID find that I could send out rather small amounts (BTC0.001 - BTC0.0026 or so) somewhat freely.

My problem with doing this was that the transactions took very long to confirm (often 3 days), and naturally I vented...  The real problem is that the app would only send out trx with just BTC0.0001 as a fee, and that is such a low amount (BTC for trx byte size) that miners have little incentive to confirm.  And the app does not permit a larger fee (say 0.0002), so there I was, stuck waiting to get my small amount out of my iPhone bit by bit.

Here is the nice little service.  As long as any trx has a fee of BTC0.0001 or more, you can "accelerate" the transaction using a service with ViaBTC (looks like a miner in China).  Go here:

https://www.viabtc.com/tools/txaccelerator/

Enter the transaction number, and the captcha, then ViaBTC will speed up the trx!  I do not know the mechanics behind it, but it has worked for me some 10 times now as I work down the balance in my iPhone.  Highly recommended!  Typically it speeds up each trx quite a bit (and apparently NOT just waiting for ViaBTC to win a block), I typically only have to wait some 1 - 3 blocks for the trx to confirm.

EDIT:

I just made two more trx, ran ViaBTC's service, and both confirmed in the next block.  Nice service. 

So who's my favorite miner now...?   Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: