Pages:
Author

Topic: Victory for women's rights: Mother wins right to end disabled child's life - page 4. (Read 3944 times)

legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 2008
First Exclusion Ever
VERY progressive!

I can't believe we have come so far! America, the land of the free!

Come on guys, don't like abortions? Don't get aborted. Don't like slavery? Don't buy a slave.

As reported on ITV News

"A mother has made legal history after she won a High Court case to end the life of her severely disabled 12-year-old daughter."

You can read the full article here
http://www.itv.com/news/2014-10-26/mother-wins-right-to-end-disabled-daughters-life/
I am not sure how I feel about this one. While I believe life should be respected and protected, I also understand that some people will never recover to any decent quality of life, and additionally the medical system will bleed you dry until you are so far into debt you can't afford to live your own life any more. Doctors are capable of keeping people alive a lot longer than in the past, and they are often more willing to do this even if there is no quality of life for the patient, just because it is profitable for the doctors to string the patients life along with ventilators and IVs. This seems more like the right to be allowed to die to me.

Shouldn't the kid decide?
He may not be able to from the looks of it.
Activity: 826
Merit: 504
I wish I could exercise my right to abort politicians  Angry
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
I'd say this is more a victory for human rights than women's rights.  Still, good news.
Activity: 636
Merit: 500
I am not sure how I feel about this one. While I believe life should be respected and protected, I also understand that some people will never recover to any decent quality of life, and additionally the medical system will bleed you dry until you are so far into debt you can't afford to live your own life any more. Doctors are capable of keeping people alive a lot longer than in the past, and they are often more willing to do this even if there is no quality of life for the patient, just because it is profitable for the doctors to string the patients life along with ventilators and IVs. This seems more like the right to be allowed to die to me.

Most of the parts I agree with this. If kid suffers and there is no possibility to live a decent life, this hard choice should be open to choose. This is a very hard decision anyway.
VERY progressive!

Come on guys, don't like abortions? Don't get aborted. Don't like slavery? Don't buy a slave.

As reported on ITV News

"A mother has made legal history after she won a High Court case to end the life of her severely disabled 12-year-old daughter."

http://www.itv.com/news/2014-10-26/mother-wins-right-to-end-disabled-daughters-life/

Shouldn't the kid decide?
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 2008
First Exclusion Ever
VERY progressive!

As reported on ITV News

VERY progressive!

As reported on ITV News

Pages:
Jump to: