Pages:
Author

Topic: Vicurex freezing withdrawals. - page 4. (Read 6903 times)

Activity: 99
Merit: 10
March 23, 2014, 03:21:50 PM
lol years, you really have no idea how profitable it is to be such a exchange like vircurex. In a few weeks most of the losses could be covered.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
March 23, 2014, 03:16:17 PM
So vircurex was on fractional reserve all these time, and they are running low on cash flow.
If they handle this properly, they could get out of this.

How?

With the amount of BTC they make via fees it will take years to pay back the lost BTC.
Additionally this idea relies on new costumers making deposits there and we all can imagine just how likely it is that many people will deposit fresh money there... Roll Eyes

Crowd-funding, IPO, find investors in fiat...
How much bitcoins did they loose last year?
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010
Borsche
March 23, 2014, 03:10:59 PM
This is not good news but I'm liking the way they chose to handle the matter seems very responsible on there part to make things so transparent and I hope people give them credit for that and there service to the community.

this was handled definitely much better than the gox situation, where they lied until the very end (and didn't stop lying even after that)
Activity: 1470
Merit: 504
March 23, 2014, 02:54:34 PM
Vircurex is handling it the right way.

The coins can't be traded. They are completely frozen...

Vircurex has identified the amounts, the users are all informed.

The losses weren't recent but a few large players exited and left the exchange high and dry. The remaining users benefit by remaining on the exchange in the future.

On another note, vircurex needs to consider a remittance for those affected. Perhaps they should include interest on the frozen balances.

Yes maybe they should get a medal for losing their customers funds...

No.

The situation should be considered from every aspect and the focus should not fixate on the theft of the coins alone; it's old news anyways. Everybody there was informed about the theft when it happened. Good businesses are determined by the reaction to bad situations and the desire to succeed...

You can't stop all theft, it's a constant battle. You will win some and lose some... There's no such thing as theft immunity.

Bad things happen, if they weren't transparent and honest about it I would have an entirely different opinion on this matter. The manner in which they're approaching this is the best you can expect in this situation...
Activity: 2
Merit: 1018
March 23, 2014, 02:29:51 PM

The losses weren't recent but a few large players exited and left the exchange high and dry. The remaining users benefit by remaining on the exchange in the future.

On another note, vircurex needs to consider a remittance for those affected. Perhaps they should include interest on the frozen balances.

Yes maybe they should get a medal for losing their customers funds...
Activity: 672
March 23, 2014, 02:35:47 PM
So vircurex was on fractional reserve all these time, and they are running low on cash flow.
If they handle this properly, they could get out of this.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
March 23, 2014, 02:24:32 PM

They haven't froze the balances yet you can still trade. Freezing will happen tomorrow.
Activity: 798
Time is on our side, yes it is!
March 23, 2014, 02:19:46 PM
well this is rather interesting news.  I've got an account there that I lost the password to.  I'm hoping I can contact the staff and get back into my account as I've got some alts there and I'd like to check on the current value.  

This is not good news but I'm liking the way they chose to handle the matter seems very responsible on there part to make things so transparent and I hope people give them credit for that and there service to the community.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 504
March 23, 2014, 02:17:14 PM

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265
March 23, 2014, 02:14:08 PM
Although it is crappy news atleast they communicate upfront and with honest intentions of paying back.

Hope they don't end up goxxed.

P.S. Is bitcoinbuilder already running on this one  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074
March 23, 2014, 02:11:33 PM
Goxing is now a contagion... Which one will be next?
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
March 23, 2014, 02:07:43 PM
That's not good at all, Vircurex doesn't have that much volume it'll take forever to pay these customers back from trading fees.

Expect to see the price of coins not affected on there to skyrocket as people try and get their BTC  out.
Activity: 496
Spanish Bitcoin trader
March 23, 2014, 02:07:01 PM
NOOOO!!! I have very much Doge coins there Cheesy

No stress, as I believe Vircurex is not MtGox Smiley

They need perhaps a day to make it up with withdraws again.

Can you read? You will only be able to withdraw what they unfreeze, and that's profit distributed on a monthly basis (and half for smallest accounts and the other half for biggest acounts).

And no problem with DOGE and most other currencies. That is, until those reserves run dry too of course.
legendary
Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201
March 23, 2014, 02:06:09 PM
Well, I have enough, getting (the rest of) my coins out of stamp later.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199
March 23, 2014, 02:03:07 PM
Once again those in the know got out before the peasants.

Once again those in the know never got in.

Like you want to say all of you know about Vircurex issues? Smiley

Make us smarter and share your knowledge Smiley

ps. I haven't got any coins there atm. :]
legendary
March 23, 2014, 02:00:03 PM

No stress, as I believe Vircurex is not MtGox Smiley

They need perhaps a day to make it up with withdraws again.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013
March 23, 2014, 01:57:54 PM
legendary
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001
March 23, 2014, 01:51:25 PM
Once again those in the know got out before the peasants.
Activity: 515
Merit: 506
Screw It, Let's Do It
March 23, 2014, 01:42:46 PM
"stolen" funds...

Bitcoin exchanges are free money generators.
Pages:
Jump to: