Pages:
Author

Topic: Video: Bitcoin Ponzi scheme - page 2. (Read 3518 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
April 28, 2013, 01:53:30 PM
Here's another take, which I give equal weight to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qSj24_E_lU

Cheesy
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!
April 28, 2013, 11:27:57 AM
I believe though can't be bothered to check that this is the video where the term "hashtag algorithm" is used.

Such a fundamental error should not be rewarded with my continued attention!

It is indeed that video.

I find this video very interesting though.

For once, we're on the other side of the 'conspiracy'.

I imagine everyone here at some point in their life has believed in a conspiracy. If you have, the mindset is, "something isn't quite right but I can only back it up with circumstantial evidence". This feeling is what makes us look for the conspiracy. Sometimes there just isn't one but it's hard to explain the nuances that cause these 'circumstantial' aspects to appear.

This video lacks understanding in so many areas but I feel that if I were to try and explain things to him in more detail, his own ignorance would actually prevent him from accepting anything I say.

So I'm just wondering if I'm like that on the things that I believe are conspiracies.
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
April 28, 2013, 11:08:45 AM
Anti bitcoin / litecoin comments are usually done with purpose - marketing and alternate, whether it be fiat or bullion.
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
April 26, 2013, 08:30:13 PM
a ponzi scheme DOES NOT allow it's participants from any other level than the TOP TIER ...to withdraw all/any investments at ANY desired time !!!

Here nobody forces you to ponzi with us Wink you don't like it ? get cold feet ? cash out and never come back...easy as that...while ponzi works more like : you want back you moneis Huh well first you have to double down your investment, persuade your parents or friends to join ...and than you get 80% of your initial investment ...paid as "dividends" .... while the rest can not be withdrawn yet since it's invested in a "termed deposit or stock" (words of the ponzi master to his mugu) .... Wink)))
Activity: 37
April 26, 2013, 03:20:33 PM
From wikipedia: A bubble is similar to a Ponzi scheme in that one participant gets paid by contributions from a subsequent participant (until inevitable collapse). A bubble involves ever-rising prices in an open market (for example stock, housing, or tulip bulbs) where prices rise because buyers bid more because prices are rising. Bubbles are often said to be based on the "greater fool" theory. As with the Ponzi scheme, the price exceeds the intrinsic value of the item, but unlike the Ponzi scheme, there is no single person misrepresenting the intrinsic value.

Do you think that people in a Ponzi scheme believe they are in a Ponzi scheme?
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
April 26, 2013, 01:20:31 PM
It is not a ponzi scheme.
Activity: 52
April 26, 2013, 10:54:09 AM
epic propaganda... NONSENSE !!
Activity: 37
April 26, 2013, 10:17:00 AM
Bitcoin is not a zero sum game because bitcoin economy is creating some value. According to my calculations pure commercial transactions till now (excluding exchanges as their fees are part of the zero sum game) could have produced up to $12m in earnings since inception, around 1.1$/BTC

So, to be exact, bitcoin is an almost zero sum game  just now.

Activity: 61
Don't try to look tough Dollface
April 25, 2013, 06:05:14 PM
So as I was watching a video of Bitcoin, another video came up as featured:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UKC7iaBKvs

The author tries to explain how Bitcoin is a Ponzi scheme.

He's missing the most important point: Bitcoin is not a zero sum game!
Guy probably types with two fingers.

i srsly lol-ed at this
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
April 20, 2013, 07:21:34 AM
Bitcoin is not a zero sum game!

Only if it lasts forever. If it doesn't it is indeed a zero sum game, it is also a zero sum game over any finite time period.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
"Don't go in the trollbox, trollbox, trollbox"
April 20, 2013, 07:17:21 AM
I believe though can't be bothered to check that this is the video where the term "hashtag algorithm" is used.

Such a fundamental error should not be rewarded with my continued attention!
copper member
Activity: 1380
Merit: 504
THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA
April 19, 2013, 09:44:57 PM
That's Chris Duane. He's a smart fellow, but to describe him as 'set in his opinions' might be a bit of an understatement. Smiley

He's got other good material, though I certainly can't get behind his hatred of bitcoin. Again, 'hatred' is likely understating it. Smiley
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Finding Satoshi
April 19, 2013, 09:27:49 PM

He's just a silver bug. Guy probably types with two fingers. Ignore him, he's not ready for Bitcoin.
Activity: 60
April 19, 2013, 06:57:03 PM

Pages:
Jump to: