Pages:
Author

Topic: Video Guide: How to make your own bitcoin mining pool - page 4. (Read 45479 times)

legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time
Honestly, I expected in the last year that somebody would write a C implementation of a pool WITH stratum.

My personal opinion of slush's implementation(in Python) of stratum is....it sucks. I and many others have read his stratum documentation and it's lacking, one needs to read and understand the python code to implement this in anything else.

I've been honestly tempted to write this in C, but there just isn't enough time.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Awesome tutorial. I wish I had this earlier. I feel like it's too late to even try now.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004
Awesome! Nice to get it free!  Grin
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Cheers for the feedback.
In the near future i'll make a new series detailing security, and email setup
thanks

Really awesome! Keep it up please.

Any address we can donate to?
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
I'm sure many more viable pools would have been created had people known how to start their own mining pools.  Now most of the hash seems to be going to private farms owned by the ASIC companies themselves.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Too bad you weren't around doing these vids in summer of 2011 I could have used them.

Back then I was planning to make a Namecoin mining pool but that never happened as I was never able to figure out how to get it up and running with the documentation that existed back then.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
Thanks for the videos.  It took a bit of coaxing, but I got bitcoin to work on it.  I just saw that you updated it for the changes in MPOS.  That was a pain to figure out why I couldn't get to it.  Still not sure about the stats showing in MPOS, but at least it seems to be working.  I've also got an eliopool working.  Any chance of being able to integrate MPOS as the front end for it?
m3
Activity: 460
Merit: 250
thanks for the tutorial I always wanted to host a bitcoin mining pool I already have a strong server will look into it and post with any questions.
Activity: 179
Just what I  have been looking for. Thanks for your videos not often people do for free.

What would the min requirements needed for a server needed to run on. I have a spare system doing nothing with 500GB hard drive on it x4 amd 3.8Ghz

Does everything need to be done in Linux or can a pool be made for Windows etc???

The easiest way is just to use a windows system running VMware or VirtualBox. The system specs you've provided seem good, just remember that you'll need enough RAM for the windows machine as well as the linux machine. I've found that if you have less than 1gb of RAM on the linux machine it's quite difficult to compile the wallet (ie you get lots of errors)

Cheers
I have a couple of HP Proliant Servers Gen8 with 96 GB memory  each laying around in my study room doing nothing  but it run on Windows server OS.  I am not much of a Linux . Can you create the video utilizing Windows.

These videos are made on a windows machine.
It's just in a virtual machine which runs the linux OS.
If you've got a spare windows server, then you're ready to virtualize linux.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
Good One
thanks for sharing
video makes it easy Wink
Activity: 91
Just what I  have been looking for. Thanks for your videos not often people do for free.

What would the min requirements needed for a server needed to run on. I have a spare system doing nothing with 500GB hard drive on it x4 amd 3.8Ghz

Does everything need to be done in Linux or can a pool be made for Windows etc???

The easiest way is just to use a windows system running VMware or VirtualBox. The system specs you've provided seem good, just remember that you'll need enough RAM for the windows machine as well as the linux machine. I've found that if you have less than 1gb of RAM on the linux machine it's quite difficult to compile the wallet (ie you get lots of errors)

Cheers
I have a couple of HP Proliant Servers Gen8 with 96 GB memory  each laying around in my study room doing nothing  but it run on Windows server OS.  I am not much of a Linux . Can you create the video utilizing Windows.
Videos updates with new MPOS file format.

Cheers
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
Thanks for sharing, I have always wondered how to make your own mining pool.
Gave you a like and a favorite Wink
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024
I'll definitely be checking out your videos soon, I've wanted to set up a pool for awhile now, but just a local one to see how it would all work out.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

I am getting this error:

chown: cannot access ‘public/templates/compile’: No such file or directory
chown: cannot access ‘public/templates/cache’: No such file or directory

i checked the git, and shows [[MOVED] Removed include and templates from public [TESTING]]

any idea if we need to do any extra step?

This is becase of the new directory structure in the MPOS software on github.

I've update the tutorial on youtube, but essentially you just need to change the command to conform to the new directory structure so do:

chown -R www-data templates/compile templates/cache logs

Hope that helps
Activity: 210
great tutorial  Cheesy
Activity: 71
I am getting this error:

chown: cannot access ‘public/templates/compile’: No such file or directory
chown: cannot access ‘public/templates/cache’: No such file or directory

i checked the git, and shows [[MOVED] Removed include and templates from public [TESTING]]

any idea if we need to do any extra step?
is it possible to make a pool on an windows based server?
You could probably make MPOS work under a VM, but CoiniumServ might also be of interest to you.  Note that it's only the server side, not the public-facing web side (MPOS is pretty much a turnkey solution, offering all of it neatly packaged together).
I can't really think of a good reason to use a Windows-based server for this, though, unless it's all you have available to you for some reason Smiley

If you only have a windows machine your best bet is to run a VMWare (like I have in this video) and have the network set to bridged mode, then just forward ports 80, and the worker port to the local IP of that virtual machine. Downside is that the host machine (windows) has to stay on all the time.
Pages:
Jump to: