Pages:
Author

Topic: [VIDEO] Roger Ver says he is sorry about MTGOX - page 2. (Read 3732 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
One Token to Move Anything Anywhere
Just realised that my comment to Roger Ver on his YouTube Video only shows up to me!

Clever Roger is selecting what goes into comments and what does not. The poor guy must be getting hell if some of the authorised comments are anything to go by!  Smiley

Anyway here is mine:

"Yes you are right Roger: we need more decentralization so that we don't end up trusting anyone else, because anyone trusting your broadcast claiming Gox was solvent when we now all know that they have not been for a long time, lost out. Some people lost EVERYTHING. You should be ashamed today spinning this into the "wider picture". I am afraid that you will remember your "favour to Gox" as one of the biggest mistakes in your life. And you will probably be reminded of this by people over the years to come. In my opinion just say "I am very sorry for publicly backing Gox at a time when we now know they were deeply insolvent" as sincerely as you can and then be quiet for a while. Don't fudge the issue now. Sorry to be so blunt but I was one of those people who took your word quite seriously, although ultimately my decision to hold funds in Gox was of course my own. I made a stupid mistake."

You may think I'm a trollish asshole for publishing that but this latest video is about as disingenuous as it gets. Roger trying to cover his back as quickly as he can and help us all to "move on".
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
But you could have took the hit & bought bitcoin if you've been stuck for months.

I still dont think you would or anyone else would be entirely to blame, i dont think real life works like this, society might, you just 1 man though.
lol yeah that might be the reason why actually.... i speak no lie though there have been studies on this & its kinda obvious anyway.

I dont think its entirely peoples fault for having money in gox, they just did what they could, shit decision though yup & nobody has to help them

I fall into this category as I transferred funds in recently.

But some have been trying to get out for months and been stuck. These people are entirely blameless IMO.
legendary
lol yeah that might be the reason why actually.... i speak no lie though there have been studies on this & its kinda obvious anyway.

I dont think its entirely peoples fault for having money in gox, they just did what they could, shit decision though yup & nobody has to help them

meh

Life changing amount of money lost by who?....him?  he probably lost 2% at most, same with eric voorhees moaning about losing 550, its a tough loss but both multi millionaires.

These early adopters could help alot more, bitcoin is gunna lose alot of hardcore enthusiasts who got burnt by gox.  There will be new blood at some point sure...

If im roger ver id be looking into a gox take over, limit withdraws & get it up and running, remove CEO & staff... its no longer gox then & customers dont get burned.

Smoothie i know you may probably disagree, i dont want to argue ok really cant be bothered:)

Some people really have lost their entire savings through this. Of course it is everyone's own decision what they do with their money but we are talking real "life-changing" amounts here.

"poorer" people do silly things like hold more money than they should have in gox, it happens for a # of reasons.  Its a socioeconomic problem, rich people on average make better decisions.  In this case hold lesser % in gox.

Its nothing new, it will happen again & again.

edit: yep i know intelligence is another variable

The amount of stupid decisions being made by the Bitcoin richlist is astounding - guess they haven't been rich for long enough eh?  Wink
legendary

meh

Life changing amount of money lost by who?....him?  he probably lost 2% at most, same with eric voorhees moaning about losing 550, its a tough loss but both multi millionaires.

These early adopters could help alot more, bitcoin is gunna lose alot of hardcore enthusiasts who got burnt by gox.  There will be new blood at some point sure...

If im roger ver id be looking into a gox take over, limit withdraws & get it up and running, remove CEO & staff... its no longer gox then & customers dont get burned.

Smoothie i know you may probably disagree, i dont want to argue ok really cant be bothered:)

Some people really have lost their entire savings through this. Of course it is everyone's own decision what they do with their money but we are talking real "life-changing" amounts here.

"poorer" people do silly things like hold more money than they should have in gox, it happens for a # of reasons.  Its a socioeconomic problem, rich people on average make better decisions.  In this case hold lesser % in gox.

Its nothing new, it will happen again & again.

edit: yep i know intelligence is another variable

meh

Life changing amount of money lost by who?....him?  he probably lost 2% at most, same with eric voorhees moaning about losing 550, its a tough loss but both multi millionaires.

These early adopters could help alot more, bitcoin is gunna lose alot of hardcore enthusiasts who got burnt by gox.  There will be new blood at some point sure...

Yeah I can't stand it when they say "lost a life-changing amount of money" when they have at least several more "life-changing amount of money" left!

Rather than all the distancing going on why don't some of these guys club together to at least openly discuss options to take over as you suggest? At least to show that they are looking at ways they might help.

Investigating ways to help actively - not just trying to cover the fact that he publicly backed a totally insolvent company by spinning this into a "so that we don't have to trust others we need more decentralization for a better world" crap philosophy! Not the right time for you to talk about how we shouldn't have to trust people IMO Roger.
legendary

meh

Life changing amount of money lost by who?....him?  he probably lost 2% at most, same with eric voorhees moaning about losing 550, its a tough loss but both multi millionaires.

These early adopters could help alot more, bitcoin is gunna lose alot of hardcore enthusiasts who got burnt by gox.  There will be new blood at some point sure...

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRIJ_jpmwzo

Keep in mind people don't listen to anyone unless you do your own due diligence first.
Pages:
Jump to: