Pages:
Author

Topic: Virus Bear Market? - page 8. (Read 1786 times)

Activity: 2576
Merit: 666
I don't take loans, ask for sig if I ever do.
March 22, 2020, 06:27:37 AM
Gold crashed as well mate. Not a single market was spared with the impact of the recent panic virus attacks. As for why BTC was hit, well, instead of the virus, it would be more apt to say that the panic hit BTC instead. As you know, before the BTC market crash, stock market crashed. This was then followed by continuous negative news regarding the spread of the virus, and imo, probably caused a chain reaction of panic towards the traders of BTC, which then lead us to the current situation. You could even say that the entire economy crashed because of the virus, whether it be a direct or indirect cause.
Activity: 2660
Merit: 551
March 22, 2020, 05:53:25 AM
Hello, late to all this doom & gloom news, had my head stuck in the sand for a while been busy. Just got out of it and hear this corona virus thing causing markets worldwide to crash even oil markets. Questions:

Covid-19 virus recently caused the crash of btc over a week ago?

It could be consider as one of the biggest contributory factors to the massive declined we have seen  last week.

Government saying this virus hype can last till next year, meaning Btc crash will be sustained to new lows this year similar to a virus bear market till next year when the virus fear hype is over?

On the contrary, I think every government in the world is doing their best to stop the spread and control it. I'm sure a vaccine could be found, just a matter of time.

Will Btc halving this May coming will get us out of this virus bear market?

Not really sure about it, but if you have to take a look at the previous historical logs, halving is the main catalyst for an eventual bullrun.

Whats covid-19 virus got to do with Bitcoin? Its not a computer or blockchain virus that attacks btc so why Btc crash?

In global recessions/depressions/global economic meltdowns people turn to gold/silver and digital gold such as bitcoin so why bitcoin crash and gold market not crashing in times like these?

Because every market is connected, that's why all them have crashed because of the covid-19 pandemic. However, bitcoin is making a stand and it is still trading way better than traditional markets.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 528
March 22, 2020, 03:51:15 AM

It is said that Covid can't really affect the Bitcoin price

There might be some that panicked because of it but as far as I know, the PLusToken scam majorly affected the fall and coincidentally, it went together when the pandemic is getting worse.

Government saying this virus hype can last till next year, meaning Btc crash will be sustained to new lows this year similar to a virus bear market till next year when the virus fear hype is over?

I don't think that it will last that long.

From the drop to $5K, now we are looking at the price of $6K. Ever since it reached that price, it is not going down and not that going up either so maybe before the halving, we will be starting at the price of $6K.

We don't know.

But the thing about the halving is that it will obviously affect the price of Bitcoin positively.

Whats covid-19 virus got to do with Bitcoin? Its not a computer or blockchain virus that attacks btc so why Btc crash?

The stock market is majorly affected by it.

I think investors thought that Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies will also be affected that is why some investors already sold some of their BTCs for the dump, and it happened and thought it was all because of the virus.

In global recessions/depressions/global economic meltdowns people turn to gold/silver and digital gold such as bitcoin so why bitcoin crash and gold market not crashing in times like these?

It did crash but it is affected.

The stock market is affected and I don't think Gold be an exemption to that. It is a debate in the past whether Bitcoin is a safe-haven investment or not and I think it is not a safe-haven. Might not be even a store of value.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 793
Bitcoin = Financial freedom
March 22, 2020, 03:47:29 AM
Hello, late to all this doom & gloom news, had my head stuck in the sand for a while been busy. Just got out of it and hear this corona virus thing causing markets worldwide to crash even oil markets. Questions:

Panic created from this virus spread caused the crash of btc.

Possibly we may see new lows or new high on crypto prices so it all depends on how investors react to this.

Bitcoin is not related to virus but it related to people and people are getting affected with corona so bitcoin is also getting affected.

Gold market still faced red path but not as others because it is existing here for centuries but bitcoin is only over a decade.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 269
March 22, 2020, 02:45:56 AM
Bitcoin 30% drop was not due to corana virus but in correlation with the stock market that has been in a parabolic rise since 2008, corana virus was only the trigger and it can never be the fundamental cause of both stocks and cryptocurrency markets.
After weeks, the stock is still dumping while on the other hand Bitcoin is doing well i guess it has already decoupled from stock after Institutional pulled out and came back seeking safe haven to store their wealth.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521
March 22, 2020, 02:12:48 AM

I'm sure the panic around the corona virus played a role. There were a couple additional factors that intensified the crash:

If the stock market keeps bleeding 5-10% a day, then look out below. The halving won't mean shit and the panic will eventually spread to BTC again.

BTCUSD has already made an amazing recovery, bouncing 81% from the bottom. To keep that recovery intact, we need global markets to not capitulate like 2008.

Why did stocks crash? Why gold, oil? Everything crashed or at least lost considerable value.

What makes you think they turn to "digital gold?" They are most likely to turn to cash.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 2196
Signature Space For Rent
March 22, 2020, 02:07:42 AM
Virus is the responsible for current bear market. You accept or not that's the only true. Instead of invest on bitcoin users are selling for real cash. Almost workplace are closing now, so earning source is reducing. In that situation we can't imagine new investment on bitcoin. In a result bitcoin prices dumping. Although gold markets hadn't dumped huge but market also getting red. Gold not dumping much because much people not selling it. Gold, silver or bitcoin isn't mandatory for our daily life. That's why basically people aren't interested to invest now. Honestly I believe to we can't overcome from this situation if we can't overcome from COVID-19.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1860
March 22, 2020, 12:11:00 AM
Gold just had its own share of red days earlier. Silver had a worse one. The same with Bitcoin. They were all falling earlier. I guess those were the panic days, the phase of initial impact of the realization that this current crisis is a very serious one and it could last longer than imagined at first.

But then we are now looking at the value of these metals and Bitcoin starting to grow. I guess investors are now shifting their money toward them, treating them as safer options. And I assume some of them include Bitcoin as one of their hedges in the face of this pandemic.

I don't think the upcoming halving will have a very significant influence on Bitcoin's price in the next several weeks. This is especially because there are bigger factors coming into play right now.
Activity: 1862
Merit: 830
March 21, 2020, 11:37:17 PM
If the whole economy goes down , people starts to loose their jobs how do you think they will be able to sustain their investments?
At the time of Quarantine when people are packed inside their houses and price of something normal is overshooting , cryptocurrencies halving will be the least to worry about .
I do not think that the halving will change anything , maybe a slight push and that's it.
Until and unless all the investors are back on the track expect the price to be low.
Activity: 1056
Merit: 270
March 21, 2020, 06:31:05 PM

Pages:
Jump to: