Pages:
Author

Topic: Visual comparison of pool payout methods based on real-world data - page 3. (Read 9043 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
It's a pretty interesting chart. Thanks for your work on it. Smiley I will send the results of a few hours of my mining work to you. Which is not that much, but still. Wink

A fair reward for the pool hopper is probably about 4.2/3 = 1.4BTC. With prop, he gets 2.7BTC. That's pretty.. unfair.

(Now I notice I could have figured out the pool hopper's away-from-poolness ratio by looking at PPS..)
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
I'd like to know how long the pool hopper is not actively mining because the pool is above 43% of the difficulty (that is, how much time can the hopper spend on a different pool?). In percent. Grin

It helps to figure out by how much the pool hopper gets overpaid for each payout method.
About 2/3 of the pool hopper's shares were spent mining for other pools.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I'd like to know how long the pool hopper is not actively mining because the pool is above 43% of the difficulty (that is, how much time can the hopper spend on a different pool?). In percent. Grin

It helps to figure out by how much the pool hopper gets overpaid for each payout method.
Activity: 123
Merit: 100
That's very nice. PPLNS is my favorite by the way !  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
I finally have real-world example graphs for most payout methods (warning: heavy-load webpage), based on real-world data from Eligius for a random ~800 MHz miner over a ~4.5 day period. I also simulated the graphs as if he were pool hopping by reassigning his shares beyond 43% of a block to another user. This way, you can see visually how he would have been paid under the Slush Score, Proportional, Maximum PPS, PPS, and PPLNS systems. I would have added the Geometric method too, but I couldn't figure out how to make it work.

The pool hopper spends about 2/3 of his time mining for other pools.

Please use this thread to comment on the various methods (especially as they relate to Eligius's future), nominate new methods (which I might simulate a graph for, if it seems sensible), etc...

Edit: Nominations for other methods should be made in this thread

These graphs took many hours to code and generate. If you find them useful, please donate: 12GJ27Fr9Wme2JT3ZkQMhzvHXNE8MXrAux

P.S. congrats 1AjsBb..., you're famous!

Click here for latest version
Pages:
Jump to: