Pages:
Author

Topic: Vitalik Buterin is to receive the 2018 Genius Award for founding Ethereum Ntwork - page 2. (Read 496 times)

STT
legendary
Activity: 4060
Merit: 1448
That's nice. He's a scammer. If you support him or his work, so are you.

Really, I was just thinking what a rare moral man this dude appears to be.   Not that you can ever know for sure at a distance but I've never heard anything especially negative about him.   Did the ETH founders even gain especially from its rise, if it were me I'd have a million ETH stashed away betting on my own genius involvement and knowledge I stick with things.  But apparently they didnt do this, contrast this to Ripple for example and ETH looks golden in comparison.

Last best hope for crypto kind meme worthy Tongue, Vitalik is surely not that bad whatever it is you are mentioning.  Nobody is perfect of course

He attended the University of Waterloo but dropped out in 2014, when he received the Thiel Fellowship in the amount of $100,000

quick skim of wiki doesnt make any mention
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
It's a well deserved award for him. Having a crypto guy getting this will be a great motivation!
Activity: 1904
Merit: 510
At a black tie gala, inventor and founder Vitalik Buterin, will be receiving his genius award on May 11th in New Jersey City.
Vitalik was introduced to the blockchain at the age of 19 and was not satisfied with what he saw. So he developed his own decentralized applications and the concept of using smart contracts on a blockchain was born.

There will be three others who will take part in the awards ceremonies.

Here is a quote from the article of who those might be:

Other recipients of the 2018 Genius Award include Sara Seager, described as the “Indiana Jones of Astronomy;” Laurie Santos, renowned for teaching the “Science of Happiness;” and George Church, described as a “legendary genomics pioneer.”

Source Bitzamp.com

I think this could be a motivation for all technology-based developers. with progress made vitalik is a brilliant idea and genius. and he deserves to gain that honor.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392
Be a bank
That's nice. He's a scammer. If you support him or his work, so are you.
Activity: 182
Merit: 122
Since it is being held in the states I am wondering what he would say if he likes the American economy and if he is willing to work with them on improving their system just like Putin asked him when he visited Russia.
He is Russian and currently is in collaboration with their government to create a monetary system to work on the blockchain.

A monetary system is the set of institutions by which a government provides money in a country's economy. Modern monetary systems usually consist of the national treasury, the mint, the central banks and commercial banks.
Source: Wikipedia
Activity: 35
Merit: 3
Think about the amount of platforms that have built upon the Ethereum platform also. Not to mention that Vitalik and his team are constantly improving Ethereum. Kudos to him.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
Congratulations, Vitalik and ethereum team deserved it. I knew what Vitalik it's the great persone after his first reward on 100k $
Activity: 2870
Merit: 594
I think vitalik is a genius. His answers to questions are very clever, and I think it is a big probability that, we will see him with great projects and innovative ideas in the future too.

I'm comparing him to Jack Ma, founder of Alibaba who also one of the game changer as far as online retailer. The way they talk and answer question are somewhat cryptic,  Grin. I'm not update though as to what's the latest about him specially about working from behind, although I'm a follower of him in twitter.

He really deserves this accolade. At a young age, just like any innovator in our history, he involves himself developed his own technology and now we are very happy using his innovation.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
I think vitalik is a genius. His answers to questions are very clever, and I think it is a big probability that, we will see him with great projects and innovative ideas in the future too.
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
At a black tie gala, inventor and founder Vitalik Buterin, will be receiving his genius award on May 11th in New Jersey City.
Vitalik was introduced to the blockchain at the age of 19 and was not satisfied with what he saw. So he developed his own decentralized applications and the concept of using smart contracts on a blockchain was born.

Other recipients of the 2018 Genius Award include Sara Seager, described as the “Indiana Jones of Astronomy;” Laurie Santos, renowned for teaching the “Science of Happiness;” and George Church, described as a “legendary genomics pioneer.”

Source Bitzamp.com

He apparently deserves it, young intelligent smart and brought breakthroughs to crypto currency
The smart contract for several tokens have made light weight and brought more investors

I’m sure this news would have positive impact in the market trend

I agree 100%. At only 19 nonetheless. Imagine what he'll do in the future.
Activity: 574
Merit: 2

Source Bitzamp.com

He apparently deserves it, young intelligent smart and brought breakthroughs to crypto currency
The smart contract for several tokens have made light weight and brought more investors

I’m sure this news would have positive impact in the market trend
Activity: 168

Source Bitzamp.com

I think Vitalik will definitely be remembered in history hundred years down the road. Super smart and interesting guy, at such a young age too.
Activity: 568
Merit: 254
I think he deserve it. Ethereum blockchain is one of the  revolution  that happened in blockchain technology and I believe there are more new feautures that will be added in the near future.
Activity: 53

He definitely deserves it. So young, and so smart!
totally agree, one on smartest guy in our days, many talking abount Ilon Mask but he is just doing marketing ,he is not genius engineer, but Vitalik is like Einsthein in crypto ,he deserves it for sure!
Activity: 364
Merit: 110
SPOKKZ
I think that Vitalik has earned this reward. He is from a young age acquainted with the crypto and actively develops the ETH Empire. Vitalik is a brilliant person who has created a really big and effective coin that has many fans around the world.
Activity: 182
Merit: 122
Watching the vice news program where this clip of vitalik buterin was featured in.
It is called A Revolution in Ruins and New Kids on the Blockchain.
Starts with the libyain war but the disrupters of the blockchain are later in the program.
If anyone who is wanting to see it you got to download it because it is over a week and a half old.
Vice news s06 e03 if that helps you find it.

Enjoy!
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1012
He deserves that award. Hope ETH will grow after his win
Nobody is denying that he deserves it but I am curious how this will effect his ego. Surely being told you're a genius by everybody surrounding you has elevated his ego such that he believes his opinions are worth more than they are in some instances. Nonetheless well done chap, glad to see the world recognize people who are younger and not dismissing them because of their age Smiley.
I do not think it goes to his head in receiving such an award. He knows he is a genius and people need to accept that he is. And if anyone else think they can do the same and debunk this fact, then by all means, do it!
Geniuses are this way because they do not define themselves by what others base them on and just do what they do. That's all really.
They do not go with the flow of what EVERYBODY ELSE is doing, they go by the beat of their own drum.
Pretty cool if you ask me.
And more or less do not care what other people are doing, it is being arrogant but if it works for them, so who is to say anything?
He already has been focused on in an upcoming documentary a month ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSPaNVYEWn8

Just looking at the comments is pretty funny.
One of them says he has an IQ of 8000. Cheesy
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
I'm not familiar with the other awardees but for Vitalik he deserves the award for contributing very well to the crypto community with his creation of ETH.
i wish if Satoshi Nakamoto really revealed himself to give credits and recognition of his innovative idea about blockchain technology.
I hope so that he will give credits to Satoshi Nakamoto as well since he won't have an idea on what ETH if it's not about blockchain and bitcoin that originally came from Satoshi.
Nobody is denying that he deserves it but I am curious how this will effect his ego.
We don't personally know him but if someone met him face to face can share his experience and interaction with VB, we might get an idea.
Activity: 266
Merit: 101
The revolutionary AI gaming ecosystem
He deserves that award. Hope ETH will grow after his win
Nobody is denying that he deserves it but I am curious how this will effect his ego. Surely being told you're a genius by everybody surrounding you has elevated his ego such that he believes his opinions are worth more than they are in some instances. Nonetheless well done chap, glad to see the world recognize people who are younger and not dismissing them because of their age Smiley.
Activity: 322
Merit: 103
Well, he is obviously a genious but I'm a bit confused that he is recieving this award only now. imho  if it could be recueved by anyone why did something great at the past years then I bet there are a lot young people that invented something more significant. It seems like this award mostly depends on recent trends in medias then the real worth of the invention. He should have got this award at least a year ago.

Pages:
Jump to: