Pages:
Author

Topic: Vitalik Buterin said Cryptocurrencies ‘could drop to near-zero at any time - page 5. (Read 648 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 114
I agree entirely. Cryptocurrencies are risky and they operate within a constantly changing environment. Who knows what could come in the future in terms of regulatory changes or such that could really harm cryptocurrencies. It's only wise to look towards more stable asset classes for life savings and the such.
Activity: 93
Merit: 1
Sounds like Vitalik wants to get in cheap while prices are down.  If you could move markets with a single sentence wouldn't you take advantage.

Anyone else think the V is a bit off?
Activity: 306
Merit: 14
Ofcourse Cryptocurrency can crash anytime, but yet you never see one. As long there one poeple who believe in blockchain tech and keep his money in crypocurrency for example ethereum or bitcoin, and it will back to normal slowly.
Activity: 434
Merit: 102
According to him traditional asset is the best to store your life time saving.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/19/ethereum-creator-vitalik-buterin-warns-about-cryptocurrency-investment.html

There's a possibility that Crypto Market would drop into zero anytime if someone could break blockchain networks and cripple it down and everything on the blockchain will no longer work like it used to be.
After that event, people wouldn't trust blockchain capabilities and it's purpose.
Therefore there would be massive droppings and people will turn their back on investing Cryptocurrencies and instead invest their money elsewhere.
If only there's groups of hackers that could penetrate more than 50% multiple blockchain servers all at the same time then that would be the worst disaster of Blockchain technology.
Nobody wants to put money on destructible networks.

This is exactly what has to happen in order for that zero-dropping to happen. Possibilities yet exist but the risks are too high, and for what? What would be the objective of destroying cryptos forever?
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
the response of the buterin vitalics is very true because the digital currency is very volatile in its movement and significant. all things can happen in this matter.besides that the crypto currency is getting more and more users and will be faster the movement also happens.
Activity: 647
Merit: 260
There is always a risk that all your currencies could lose the value over a couple of months. But we need some reasons before this will happen and I am sure that it will not happen!
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
Yes it can, traditional investments are safer than cryptocurrency investment and there is nothing interesting about it  Roll Eyes Most cryptocurrencies will eventually drop to near zero.
Activity: 196
Merit: 11
I agree to some extent. I think the crypto market is definitely still too volatile for your life savings. You can make bigger gains with crypto, but you can also experience much bigger losses as seen during this recent dip. So while I wouldn't trust crypto with any money that's necessary for living now or for my retirement down the road, I think it's a perfectly fine way to invest spare funds and perhaps make a nice profit for spending money.
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
HEXCASH - Decentralized Fund
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/19/ethereum-creator-vitalik-buterin-warns-about-cryptocurrency-investment.html

There's a possibility that Crypto Market would drop into zero anytime if someone could break blockchain networks and cripple it down and everything on the blockchain will no longer work like it used to be.
After that event, people wouldn't trust blockchain capabilities and it's purpose.
Therefore there would be massive droppings and people will turn their back on investing Cryptocurrencies and instead invest their money elsewhere.
If only there's groups of hackers that could penetrate more than 50% multiple blockchain servers all at the same time then that would be the worst disaster of Blockchain technology.
Nobody wants to put money on destructible networks.
Activity: 140
Merit: 2

What do you think?
Pages:
Jump to: