Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33204. (Read 26464916 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Fuck it, I'm holding.

I wonder if I'll be able to use my new favorite gif...

Activity: 728
Merit: 501
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Fuck it, I'm holding.

Unless there are a few more kamikaze coin dumpers lurking, we should be headed back up once this settles down. Good time to get a few cheap coins.  Wink
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
To put things into perspective, I personally don't expect the rally that started 4 days ago to be over yet, but I'm wondering if the recent drop in buying pressure (see my CMF post above) could correspond to a short-term dip, perhaps testing 125 again. If nothing else, that would give us the chance to increase our btc stashes Cheesy

I'm not sure if it was the CMF or just one crazy bastard, but that was a great call on your part.

I missed the change to post this while the ask wall was tearing up the exchange, better late then never?  Grin

It's getting a little bumpy!!
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
Clarkmoody lagged on me... was the wall bought, or removed?
Bought, all of it...

Removed (after 1k was bought)
Are you sure?  I thought I saw the 7k $126 wall get completely eaten away, including a tiny chunk of it by me

Confirmed bought ALL
Activity: 411
Bought, all of it...

Are you sure?  I thought I saw the 7k $126 wall get completely eaten away, including a tiny chunk of it by me

it was first eaten like 1k.. then ik was gone for a second or 2..

then it appeard again.. and it was eaten.; i've seen it happen..
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
Bought, all of it...

I watched it live, looked like it all was bought, and volume is almost 7k so seems right.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0

you should use Bitcoinwisdom there's no lag on it.
Activity: 350
This account was recently hacked
Bought, all of it...

legendary
Activity: 1414
Bought, all of it...

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
I think the other bigs were for a long
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

Bought, bit by bit across a period of 60 seconds or so, which is puzzling.
Even more puzzling perhaps, is that these seemingly multiple buyers bought up such a massive wall in a matter of 60 seconds, yet, now that the wall is gone, the buying pressure that ate 7k in one minute seemed to have vanished. Leads me to believe this was mostly one person.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Damn missed the cheap coins.. why does the fun always happen when I'm at work? Sad

If $124 is cheap for you, you'll have them all right.

It was at $120 on Bitstamp, but I had to sell some coins first to take advantage of the cheap coins so I missed the opportunity. Not going to sell now at $125, way too risky for me.

what do u mean "too risky", too small of a profit or less chance to buy back cheaper?

The risk that some big buyers arrive at the scene to take the price back up to $130+ before I can buy back cheaper.
Activity: 434
i wonder if that wall was suppose to be eaten..  was it all part of the plan? we will  never know..
or did the guy had some other trickery behind this move..   i cannot imagine this was not orchestrated with this amount of btc
it defininately wasn't cashing out.
he did not have the time to buy back cheaper..
maybe if he had 60% on bids.. sitting there and 40% (ask wall) it could make sense. but that means he is fucking rich ! :-).

Might have had some shorts elsewhere. Want to cashout? Use the power of leverage to maximize your gain.

But as you say, we'll never know.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
It was bought in rapid, multiple chunks. Kind of looked like someone buying their own wall, mixed with a few panic buyers and bots. Either that, or there where a lot of buyers ready to buy.... if it was one buyer it would have made sense to just buy it all in one go.

Can somebody explain to me what the purpose of that would be?

The only thing I can think of is somebody trying to prop up mtgox volume relative to other exchanges, is that it?
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Damn missed the cheap coins.. why does the fun always happen when I'm at work? Sad

It was at $120 on Bitstamp, but I had to sell some coins first to take advantage of the cheap coins so I missed the opportunity. Not going to sell now at $125, way too risky for me.

what do u mean "too risky", too small of a profit or less chance to buy back cheaper?
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
I'm hoping this is just a shakeout to get the weak hands out and to accumulate some cheap BTCs.

I think most weak hands already left. Not too long ago a few 1k dumps would drop the price by 20 dollars easily.
Early today a 2.5k sell and the price didn't move. Then 1 hour ago a 3.5k sell and we dropped 3 dollars.

Well, that Fibonacci retracement chart with the nice support line...not sure how useful that support line is at this point.

Hehe Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1246

Activity: 411
i wonder if that wall was suppose to be eaten..  was it all part of the plan? we will  never know..
or did the guy had some other trickery behind this move..   i cannot imagine this was not orchestrated with this amount of btc
it defininately wasn't cashing out.
he did not have the time to buy back cheaper..
maybe if he had 60% on bids.. sitting there and 40% (ask wall) it could make sense. but that means he is fucking rich ! :-).
Activity: 125
Merit: 100

Bought, bit by bit across a period of 60 seconds or so, which is puzzling.

The way the wall would be constantly brought down to kiss the best bid screams 'big scary wall of doom' manipulation attempt. At the same time as buys started coming in the seller had plenty of time to cancel the offer and keep his coins which suggests this may have been a genuine attempt to sell his coins. The other theory is the wall was self-bought bit by bit which is also silly because if this really were the bottom there'd be buyers one way or another, what's 7k coins worth at $126 when we were at $134 few hours ago.

But hey, let's hope the coins were an early adopters who wished to cash out and they're now distributed across multiple buyers.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
I saw some massive buys around 125. I kinna wonder who is behind $500k buys. Hedge funds? Rich eccentrics?

The guy who sold 17k at $130 perhaps?
Jump to: