Pages:
Author

Topic: Wallet hacking is it possible? - page 30. (Read 29665 times)

Activity: 208
Merit: 1
January 11, 2019, 02:00:14 PM
This is possible only if you use a third-party wallet whose source code is closed. I would not recommend using this kind of applications, it is extremely dangerous for your security.

I think wallet hacking is not possible in cryptocurrency because only we are giving the opportunity to get our money 2 hacked by some people if we don't allow any of the people to our wallet to be hacked it will be more easiest to hack that's why wallets are acting why some people.
It is possible. We just have to be extra careful, by being vigilant, also putting a pass code on our wallet files, and we should avoid third party from gaining access to our private keys
Activity: 208
January 11, 2019, 01:54:49 PM
It is quite possible, it all depends on your safety measures you employ. Ensure you put a password on all your wallet files. Don't submit your private key to any untrustworthy sites. Employ hardware wallet too they are safer.
Activity: 370
January 11, 2019, 01:53:37 PM
There are quite a lot of stories about how someone's wallet was hacked, so you should be extremely careful. The only way to protect yourself, which so far works at 100%, is the purchase of a hardware wallet.

Yeah and btw you should always pay attention to the place where you buy hardware wallet. There are a lot of accusations around that hardware wallet has been hacked. But the reality is that you should be 100% percent sure of hardware wallets distributor.
Not only being careful, I think one should reset their hardware wallet details on purchase to bypass any intruder should incase someone else has had access to it before the buyer.
Activity: 370
January 11, 2019, 01:52:00 PM
Wallet hacking happens when the private key details or keystore file and login details of a wallet is exposed to third party. So yes, hacking happens in crypto space as well.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 38
January 11, 2019, 01:43:17 PM
This is possible only if you use a third-party wallet whose source code is closed. I would not recommend using this kind of applications, it is extremely dangerous for your security.

I think wallet hacking is not possible in cryptocurrency because only we are giving the opportunity to get our money 2 hacked by some people if we don't allow any of the people to our wallet to be hacked it will be more easiest to hack that's why wallets are acting why some people.
Activity: 498
Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet
January 11, 2019, 01:33:42 PM
Wallet hacking can only be possible if you unlock your wallet on a phishing site or you save your keys where it can be stolen. I don't think anyone can hack your wallet without having your keys.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
January 11, 2019, 01:21:55 PM
There are quite a lot of stories about how someone's wallet was hacked, so you should be extremely careful. The only way to protect yourself, which so far works at 100%, is the purchase of a hardware wallet.

Yeah and btw you should always pay attention to the place where you buy hardware wallet. There are a lot of accusations around that hardware wallet has been hacked. But the reality is that you should be 100% percent sure of hardware wallets distributor.
copper member
Activity: 994
Merit: 4
January 11, 2019, 01:08:04 PM
Wallet hacking is very much possible, i don't pray to experience it, this can happen when you put your private key in some harmful links or you expose your private key. That is why it is always adviced not to let any one get hold of it. Keep your private key safe. Though there might also be some other ways which i don't know of.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 110
January 11, 2019, 12:27:46 PM
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
January 11, 2019, 12:26:12 PM
Yes, it is possible. No one can guarantee you the 100% secure of your wallet, and first of all it depends on you: install the antivirus, use only verified wallets.
Activity: 1820
Merit: 107
January 11, 2019, 12:06:03 PM
Just like an account where one's fiat currencies are kept so also is wallet where digital assets or cryptocurrencies of crypto lovers are kept. Can the wallet be vulnerable to hacking and if possible how can that happen? If you have experienced it before, I want to learn from your experience.
Yes its highly possible thats why vigilance and awareness is important on handling wallets specially those that keep a huge amount of digital assets! Avoid exposing your private keys,phrases, passwords and other means of tools that securing your wallets. Avoid visiting unfamiliar sites that may contents malwares,viruses etc. and maybe you can used more than one wallet, and dont used the same address that you already use before.
Activity: 574
January 11, 2019, 11:55:06 AM
I think everything is possible in this world.but if we have wallet kept our own private key.then l think we can safe.so we should always be careful.
Activity: 616
January 11, 2019, 11:23:13 AM
Wallets are in fact subject to real problems. A large number of people do not understand that most of the threats emanate from themselves. Hackers are now successfully cracking wallets and this is not hidden. Here is the whole problem.
Activity: 658
Merit: 252
January 08, 2019, 07:58:17 PM
It is possible to crack any wallet. But if this happens in everything, you will be guilty only without your help scammers will not be able to hack it. You need to be careful and not show your data anywhere.
Activity: 234
January 08, 2019, 07:55:59 PM
Wallet is impossible to hack. If you lose money on your wallet, it is because you accidentally revealed your password, or lost privatekey or you yourself downloaded malware to your computer. With the 2FA code, it is impossible for a hacker to hack a wallet.

It's quite possible to hack a wallet by improvising any keylogger into a victim's PC with a little bit of social engineering. Although wallet in itself is not hackable unless the private keys are not encrypted or stored in a server.
Activity: 377
Merit: 11
January 08, 2019, 07:42:53 PM
I think not, only if you download a hacker software or get to a phishing site, in other cases the same mew is more than safe, just be careful and used metamask
Activity: 1260
Merit: 103
The OGz Club
January 08, 2019, 07:35:29 PM
Hacked wallets often occur, usually because they tell others about the private key, then when they follow the project and there is a request to give the private key, don't give it because it's very clear that the project is fraud and hackers try to enter our wallet

keep it confidential private keys from our wallets, maintaining PC security, and avoiding opening insecure links are mandatory,
because hackers have many ways to hack so we must always be vigilant
Activity: 966
Merit: 111
January 08, 2019, 07:20:27 PM
Wallet hacking is very possible. And it can happen to anyone. Not analyzing old or new people. Because hackers will always hack what can be done. Hackers can hack into our wallets when we are negligent. Because hacking can be by all means, it can be with fake links and we are carried to the link. Therefore, if you do not want to experience this very bad thing. Of course you have to be careful in the future.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1029
January 08, 2019, 06:42:14 PM
I think scammers have many ways to steal your private key. I doubt that they can crack this key on their own.
But the dumb person will always try to believe on it. This time scammer doesn't even need to steal the privatekey but look at ETCV hardfork so many dumb person has putted their privatekey on the site which has known as a phishing site. The code has told us about that.
Activity: 402
Merit: 4
January 08, 2019, 06:35:04 PM
Yes, it's very much possible.  I was once a victim tho. Before your wallet can be hacked, you must have been careless with some vital information. For example is giving your private key out. If an individual has access to your private key, hacking your wallet is possible.
Pages:
Jump to: