Pages:
Author

Topic: Wallet hacking is it possible? - page 56. (Read 29662 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 100
October 05, 2018, 11:37:03 AM
Yep my eth address on myetherwaller was hacked by hackers. Firstly i have no idea why some valuable tokens on my wallet being sent to unfamiliar wallet. Later on, i figure out the hackers got my private key through this stupid extension on chrome Unlimited Free VPN - Hola. I recommend you guys remove this fake extension asap
Activity: 602
Merit: 106
October 05, 2018, 11:32:02 AM
To hack someone's wallet purely by a hacker is almost impossible. When people get their wallets or storages hacked, then on 99% of the time the owner of the wallet has somehow given away his/her passphrase.

Keyloggers, phishing, weak passwords - the usual 3 easiest ways to get a hold of someone's wallet.
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
October 05, 2018, 11:25:44 AM
I personally can not imagine how it is possible with the technical part, with the current technology. Decrypt the key is unrealistic. But to trick you - pretty simple.
Activity: 882
Merit: 297
October 05, 2018, 11:23:14 AM
Just like an account where one's fiat currencies are kept so also is wallet where digital assets or cryptocurrencies of crypto lovers are kept. Can the wallet be vulnerable to hacking and if possible how can that happen? If you have experienced it before, I want to learn from your experience.

The main reason of wallet getting hacked is the greediness of the user who without getting full details about the scam offers just download the exe file which is having virus which gives access to hacker to your computer which in return give full access to your computer and when you access your wallet all details are stolen by the hacker, who in return hack your wallet and stole the coins.

That is why it is told that dont use the wallet on computer where you access all sites.
Activity: 272
Merit: 12
October 05, 2018, 11:17:16 AM
Yes, its very possible to be hacked by hackers if you have a wallet that is not safe enough. Sometimes its not even the fault of wallet provider but the fault of wallet owners, some people expose their private key and once hackers have access to it then all funds will be moved within seconds.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
October 05, 2018, 11:10:23 AM
craking is not possible, but if you hold your case on a vulnerable device then ye, it is
Activity: 644
October 05, 2018, 11:08:40 AM
Just like an account where one's fiat currencies are kept so also is wallet where digital assets or cryptocurrencies of crypto lovers are kept. Can the wallet be vulnerable to hacking and if possible how can that happen? If you have experienced it before, I want to learn from your experience.

Yes. It is possible, especially if you did not have a safe wallet that you used to store your coins then it is very unsafe to store it and there are some private keys that can easily be hacked. Hackers are very wise and we did not know what could they think and how they do it. However, there are many wallets out there that are safe to used but always be careful.
Activity: 677
Merit: 250
October 05, 2018, 11:01:51 AM
I've experienced hacking and lost a number of ethereum in my wallet. usually this happens because we are negligent and we are exposed to phishing, so hackers will easily hack into our account. so I think that is something we must avoid and maybe we keep our wallet safe.
Activity: 504
October 05, 2018, 10:33:57 AM
The chance will be occur. It is not like money, crypto has the big chance to be stoolen. So, the user  always gives warning about their email and private key. They should carefull about it.
that's right, because blockchain is very safe and difficult to break into, so when our wallet is hit by heck it is a mistake we make because we are not vigilant, cryptocurrency has a lot of heckers lurking out there so keep your private key from entering any website.
Activity: 938
Merit: 256
October 05, 2018, 10:30:28 AM

It is really possible because hackers are insane, they will think 1 millon ways to get in to our account.
So, if you have so many value in your wallet it's better to seperate it to many wallets , so hackers won't target your wallet
Activity: 322
homt.net
October 05, 2018, 10:28:57 AM
The chance will be occur. It is not like money, crypto has the big chance to be stoolen. So, the user  always gives warning about their email and private key. They should carefull about it.
Activity: 646
Merit: 252
October 05, 2018, 10:08:26 AM
Of course it is very possible, we all know that the biggest problem with wallets is security, even though all security features have been activated but this has never stopped hacking cases.
Activity: 391
October 05, 2018, 09:55:04 AM
It’s possible. If you’re likely not prioritizing the security of your wallet, it’s likely vulnerable. Hackers usually targets people who neglects to prioritize the security of wallets or stakes. Also, never share your private keys with anyone. Exchange wallets are also risky.
Activity: 868
Merit: 251
October 05, 2018, 09:49:58 AM
I think from a technical point of view, to crack it is unrealistic, at least at the moment, but to steal your private key was quite easy.
Activity: 294
October 05, 2018, 09:47:10 AM

Definitely, it is possible. Especially for exchange wallets. That is why you don't ever think to store all your coins on exchange wallet. For the safest wallet, I agree with MetaMask. MetaMask has higher protection for our coins, I also recommend it to you for more security of your coins.
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution
October 05, 2018, 09:44:51 AM
I heard that the wallet can be hacked but this is solely due to the negligence of the users themselves who neglect the security measures
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
October 05, 2018, 09:42:10 AM
I think your wallet can only be vulnerable or compromised if the user expose his/her sucurity key, private key or user mail to public or pishing sites, so let's all keep our private keys to ourselves alone to avoid huge loses.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 106
October 05, 2018, 09:11:46 AM
Nothing is impossible, there are lots of stories and stories that many people get hacked, the best thing to make a wallet safe is to divide coins or altcoins in many places, so that when one walllet gets hacked we can expect from the other.
copper member
Activity: 672
Merit: 270
October 05, 2018, 09:07:51 AM

none of which cannot be hacked, related to the internet including crypto wallet. whatever type of wallet is
I think you should know about that. every risk is always there and every wallet has security, you must search and read it as a guide for your education. but don't worry too much, because almost all of us here use mew as a wallet for altcoin.
Anything that is accessed by the use of internet was possible for hacking. Whatever it is, whatever type of wallet we should always keep on our mind that this is very possible anytime. Even if we say that we really make sure to secure our account base on our knowledge if there's someone who has a bad intentions and much knowledgeable than us, then this is the worst case I guess.
Activity: 420
October 05, 2018, 09:02:32 AM
As you have already understood, of course, this is possible, especially now, when many projects only release their projects, and projects are usually checked for many years in order to finally release something very serious and protected.
Pages:
Jump to: