Pages:
Author

Topic: WalletBuddy - secure wallet(s) storage and backup - page 2. (Read 6180 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Is there no interest in this functionality, is there hesitance due to the recent malicious wallet tool, or am I just an impatient bastard?

There's one issue I didn't think of... currently there's no way to import a plaintext wallet. You'll have to manually encrypt with GPG the first time until I write some code to handle this.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Now (maybe) Linux compatible!

It's late, I'm tired, I'm going to keep this short.

I made it my goal to get this published tonight, and I did it. Binaries, Source

Absent encrypted private keys, I wanted a way to easily store my wallet encrypted. Absent solid import/export of private keys, I wanted a way to easily juggle multiple wallets. After a few weeks of writing and rewriting, this is what I came up with.

• Uses GPG (via BouncyCastle) to encrypt the wallets.
  • Per-wallet GPG key choice
  • Queries Bitcoin when running (if -server switch) to determine oldestkeypool
  • Automatically backs wallets (encrypted) only when last backup is older than oldestkeypool
  • Supports wallets on removable volumes (with notifications)

This is my first time doing the open source dance, let me know if there's anything I can do better. I know the repository is a mess, I just threw it together, I have to figure out some organizational structure. If anyone wants to throw together a windows installer package rather than the ClickOnce one I threw up there, please do.

Requirements:
gpg keyring (I use gpg4win)
Windows: .NET Framework 4
Linux: Mono 2.8[1]

Changes:
[1] 2011-02-24.
I just pushed some updates removing some libraries that are incompatible with Mono. Anybody using Linux care to try this out? Also in the update are some incomplete ideas... I want to (optionally) store the wallet's address book with the wallet settings, updating it periodically. When I complete my JSON-RPC client, you could transfer funds from your current wallet to another with a few clicks.
Pages:
Jump to: