Pages:
Author

Topic: WALLET.DAT or SEEDS - What is the safest - page 2. (Read 948 times)

Activity: 299
Merit: 250
I think is the same, but I like the wallet.dat file, more peace of mind!
 Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 413
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Seeds for me is the best and safest way of storing my wallet in my mobile.Because i can store seeds of my wallet everywhere from my phone without noticing that is a passs code for my wallet
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!
I do also go with seed combined with 2fa and possibly locked withdrawal address.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031
Been in the search of best way to secure my future bits (if there will be Cheesy). And I came up with this clients that supports wallet.dat and clients that support SEEDS. What do you prefer? And Why?

I would go with a seed myself, a file could get corrupted or get infected by a malware, Its easier to steal etc. I'd go with a printed seed and hide somewhere safe where no body could get access to and you are ready to go. If you only have the wallet.dat, you will need to remember the password as well otherwise you can't decrypt the file.
Activity: 378
It really depends on what kind of person you are,me i preffer using wallet.dat instead of seeds because i can easily misplace things that im using at the current stage so wallet.dat is more relevant for me
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
both at the same time!
if you have a couple of backups then it is best (not too many that you lose track of and risk losing it to someone robbing you though).
you can write down the seed on a piece of paper and store the paper somewhere safe, possibly even laminate it. or you can even etch it on a piece of metal!
you can encrypt it with a strong password then paste the base64 string in a .txt file and store it on the cloud (good as long password is strong).

also you can store the wallet file, on a USB, DVD, on the cloud. again a strong encryption is suggested.

also remember being safe doesn't mean which one you chose, it means how you store them.
Activity: 756
Merit: 112
Been in the search of best way to secure my future bits (if there will be Cheesy). And I came up with this clients that supports wallet.dat and clients that support SEEDS. What do you prefer? And Why?
Pages:
Jump to: