Pages:
Author

Topic: Wallets? - page 2. (Read 340 times)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
January 26, 2018, 11:12:53 AM
Any recommendations for storing various AltCoins
Want to take them off the exchanges and try and keep them altogether in one wallet preferably!
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
January 26, 2018, 11:07:06 AM
If you are looking for safe as well as easy wallet then you can go with hardware wallet like Trezor. It has passed many tests even the hackathon so you won't have to worry about your funds If you are using that wallet. Recently I had a discussion with the vice president of domestic Bitcoin exchange and he said that "Even I uses hardware wallet in order to store his funds and I recommend others to use the offline methods of storing Bitcoins and cryptocurrencies." However, if you are not willing to use hardware wallet then you can use a securely generated paper wallet and store your funds there.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427
January 26, 2018, 10:55:55 AM
I personally use Blockchain.info so I recommend it. It's easy to use.

And like @TMAN said above, I don't recommend using an exchange website as your wallet.

It's not like the Blockchain.info wallet is any different in functionality than an adress on coinbase/poloniex really...

There's no direct access to your private keys, no added functionality such as double spending in the form of replace-by-fees, and blockchain.info could change their source code at any moment, which could possibly compromise your ( encrypted ) private keys/ seeds/ to them.

Activity: 280
Merit: 100
January 26, 2018, 10:49:33 AM
I personally use Blockchain.info so I recommend it. It's easy to use.

And like @TMAN said above, I don't recommend using an exchange website as your wallet.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808
Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do
January 26, 2018, 07:04:45 AM
I personally used coinbase and blockchain.info online wallets. But the most secure ones are hardware wallets.  TREZOR is a good hardware wallets. if you are trading it is better keep your bitcoin in secure exchange like binance,bittrex ,polonix etc to avoid account to account transaction fee.

DO NOT DO THE ABOVE....

Unless you own your private key you do not own your bitcoin.

Hardware wallets and paper wallets for cold storage, leaving funds on an exchange is risky.  MTGOX, BTC-E  lots of exchanges have gone down.. one of my RL friends lost out 300BTC on the MTGOX fiasco..

get yourself a ledger nano S.. simple to use and safe as houses.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
January 26, 2018, 06:15:34 AM
I personally used coinbase and blockchain.info online wallets. But the most secure ones are hardware wallets.  TREZOR is a good hardware wallets. if you are trading it is better keep your bitcoin in secure exchange like binance,bittrex ,polonix etc to avoid account to account transaction fee.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO
January 26, 2018, 04:06:46 AM
Best choice for you will be a safe hardware wallet like Ledger Nano S or Trezor, but i prefer the first one. You can hold lots of coins there, for example: BTC,BCC,NEO,LTC,STRATIS,ETH,ETC,every ERC20 token and many other coins.
Activity: 336
Merit: 102
January 26, 2018, 03:27:13 AM
Hey there I am looking for a easy and safe wallet to use, to do my transferring buying selling of my BTC?

Any suggestions please? Grin

It depends on the amount of BTC you have. For small amounts an online wallet may be enough. Electrum (https://electrum.org/) is an excellent desktop wallet for something more serious. If you have 1 BTC or more, you should consider a hardware wallet (Ledger or Trezor) or cold storage.
Activity: 224
Merit: 12
January 26, 2018, 03:19:26 AM
I agree with all of the above.
* Buy a Ledger Nano S
* Buy a TREZOR
The price for them is less than $ 100
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
January 26, 2018, 03:00:49 AM
For high-security wallet, you better using Ledger nano or Trezor https://trezor.io . It has full modules and documentation how to using it inside or you can using Blockchain web wallet for other alternatives.

Activity: 742
Merit: 19
January 26, 2018, 02:33:53 AM
I don't think so you are going to buy a hardware wallet or willing to download desktop wallet. You need easy wallet I can suggest blockchain or coinbase they both has mobile apps as well.
Activity: 52
Merit: 6
January 26, 2018, 02:27:40 AM
To save Bitcoin for long term is using Trezor hardware wallet.

If you are thinking about trading your BTC you'll need an exchange wallet. My favorite exchanges for bitcoin beginners are Coinbase, Gemini, GDAX, Bitstamp, and CoinMama.
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
January 24, 2018, 01:30:28 PM
With the current bitcoin price, It may be better for you to invest in a Ledger nano S or Trezor If you have anything above 1 BTC.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427
January 24, 2018, 12:28:01 PM
Hey there I am looking for a easy and safe wallet to use, to do my transferring buying selling of my BTC?

If you're looking for a safe and easy software wallet, i'd advise you to use something like Electrum, which offers both security ( only you have access over your private keys), and all the functionality the bitcoin protocol currently has to offer. ( Segwit, RBF, HD wallets etc.) Something a wallet like blockchain.info doesn't offer.
Activity: 12
Merit: 2
January 24, 2018, 11:35:57 AM

Pages:
Jump to: