Pages:
Author

Topic: wallets in general on linux - page 2. (Read 1524 times)

Activity: 522
Merit: 500
December 23, 2014, 08:14:03 AM
[...] a lot of coins [...]

Pretty sure this is about alts.

I thought that was evident from what I wrote but anyway. Yes various other currencies (there is no technical support section I could find for other currencies so sorry if I posted in the wrong area)

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001
https://gliph.me/hUF
December 23, 2014, 07:18:43 AM
[...] a lot of coins [...]

Pretty sure this is about alts.
Activity: 812
Merit: 587
Space Lord
December 23, 2014, 07:04:36 AM
Wait, what wallets are you trying to install?
I'm pretty sure you can apt-get Bitcoin Core.

Also, every other wallet will have install instructions on their forum thread/website.
Activity: 522
Merit: 500
December 23, 2014, 06:58:25 AM
Hey,
I'm an average-skilled user of Linux; I have one set up to serve as a remote wallet (at the moment I'm constantly moving around which is why I want one).

So I have my VPS set up, I asked for Ubuntu x64, which it has. I've installed the desktop, VNC etc and done some hardening.

The problem I now face is installing the wallets; a lot of coins have their wallets precompiled (3 out of 4 of these don't work, its always some obscure missing library file that the OS wants and as much as I Google I can't find a solution anywhere for some of them) and some ask you to compile it from source or use Qt creator (tried this and failed too).

So I'm really just asking/begging for some useful advice on how to get these wallets working on Ubuntu? (or if there is a better OS that will make it easier for an idiot to install wallets besides Windows/Mac OS X).

Thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: