Pages:
Author

Topic: wallets or exchanges supporting Bitcoin Gold? - page 3. (Read 19978 times)

Activity: 71
Merit: 0
As I know Yobit is the only one for now who officially make claim about supporting Bitcoin Gold. Here you can see their tweet https://twitter.com/YobitExchange/status/918566256151859200

Yobit are scammers.
They knew my coins were going to be swapped so they put the wallet in maintenance mode and played around with the currency.
AFTER the swap, they re-opened the wallet. By that time, I lost coins because they were no longer eligible for the swap.

There is so much bad vibes out there about their operations, I wouldn't put my bitcoins over there, if they were the ONLY exchange on the planet!
Activity: 742
Merit: 250
Hey!

Do you know of any Bitcoin wallet or an exchange that will for sure support and give its users Bitcoin Gold tokens after the fork? I have heard Binance was planning to support BTG, but I am not sure that they will give you the BTG coins if you store your BTC there. Do any of you have a decent plan on getting Bitcoin Gold after the fork? Could you please share details here?
Currently, according to my understanding, this seems to have no official and clear information at all. Maybe we will have to wait before the hard fork happens a few days or after the hardfork. However, I have received mail from yobit, they said that Bitcoin Gold balances will be added within the next 3 days and maybe it will trade soon after the fork. I'm not sure if this information is accurate, but you should keep your private key carefully, when Bitcoin Gold launches, you will use that private key to access the wallet that it supports to receive Bitcoin Gold.
Activity: 476
Merit: 105
Looks like Binance will also support Bitcoin Gold, but you should double check with them first.

Dear All,

Binance is preparing for the upcoming potential Bitcoin fork with the following procedures:

Before the potential fork, Binance may suspend momentarily Bitcoin deposits and withdrawals.
If the hardfork happens, Binance would like to support any meaningful forks. We will decide the coin listing depending on the situation, our priority is to protect our customers funds.
If you are unsure on how to deal with the technical issues regarding the bitcoin forking, feel free to deposit your Bitcoins on Binance exchange in advance and we will handle it for you and ensure you will have all possible assets after the fork.
Thank you for your support!

Binance Team

2017/10/11
Activity: 476
Merit: 105
Kucoin Exchange will support Bitcoin Gold and based on the announcement below, they will split it for you.

Kucoin BCG Asset Distribution Announcement
Categories AnnouncementsOctober 9, 2017
BTC will be forking at Oct 25th, 2017 (UTC+8), the distribution shall respect the principle of Everyone-Benefits. From Oct 25th, 2017 (UTC+8), users will be acquiring BCG based on the Bitcoin holdings in Kucoin account (one Bitcoin deposit will reward one BCG. Depositing Bitcoin in advance is the prerequisite of rewarding BCG). The system will accomplish BCG distribution automatically within 3 days after the forking (before Oct 28th).
To prevent any possible rollback or replay attack, we’ll suspend the Bitcoin transfer from Oct 24th, 2017 to Oct 27th, 2017 (UTC+8). Meanwhile, to guarantee the absolute safety of user assets, it’s recommended to transfer Bitcoin into Kucoin account beforehand, in case transfer blocked by any emergency situation.
Kucoin team will evaluate BCG’s subsequent development and decide if it goes to list. Sincerely appreciate your support and understanding to Kucoin.

Kucoin Team
Oct 9th, 2017
Activity: 327
Merit: 100
I have looked quite a bit but couldnt find any wallet that would support BCG - 4 days to go an no wallet yet? Not very promising imho....
Activity: 532
Merit: 13
Bitfinex have stated they will support bitcoingold.
Activity: 277
Merit: 101
Wallets supporting the fork are Ledger, Trezor, Electrum, Mycelium, Jaxx, Exodus, Blockchain...... that I know of
Any wallet where you control the private key basically.

After the fork, we'll be able to claim BTG Gold by downloading the new wallet and entering your Bitcoin private key..

I'd recommend not using your usual wallet for this. There are quite a few question marks surrounding Bitcoin Gold, so I'm uncomfortable about handing over my Bitcoin private key to a new/unproven team. I have temporarily parked all my Bitcoin in an Electrum Wallet for the fork, then afterwards I'll move it all back to my normal wallet..  Grin

I'd rather be safe than sorry  Smiley Wink
legendary
Activity: 861
Merit: 1000
you don't need to care about which exchange or wallet will support bitcoin gold , you just keep your private key when hard folk happen

and then you automatically have bitcoin gold i think , after this you just need to find a way to send your bitcoin gold to exchange ,

when hard folk happen , you will find ways how to find out your coin,
Activity: 406
Merit: 10
coinomi has private keys which you can extract and keep. is it good to store btc there to get bitcoin gold?
Activity: 1540
Merit: 500
I think most exchanges that accepted bitcoin cash will accept bitcoin gold. It's a way for them to attract more customers. It would be missed opportunity if some of them decide to not support it. You'll probably hear about it on Monday as it gets closer.
Activity: 196
Personal Text: Pre-sale - March 18
I know that Bittrex supported bitcoin cash before. I think (not sure) it will do the same for bitcoin gold.
Activity: 224
there is no respected exchange will support this hard fork because problem of security and double spend!

and some rumors said that devs of bitcoin gold have 200 000 token premined
Activity: 2884
Merit: 620
Bitcoingold is a inexperienced team. They are just advertising the fork rather than preparing from it. I don't think they'll have any value, not even close to bitcoincash.

I'm going to agree with it and only 1 week left but there is still no statement on how we can claim those bitcoin gold after the hard fork.

I'm thinking that nowadays hard forks are the new style of producing a new coin and instead of making their own ICO they are using forks for their sole purpose.

And that is to make money from it, but still let's wait from their team about the update of this coin.
Activity: 322
Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system
As I know Yobit is the only one for now who officially make claim about supporting Bitcoin Gold. Here you can see their tweet https://twitter.com/YobitExchange/status/918566256151859200
Yobit small and not popular exchange. There are news from major  exchanges about support in BitcoinGold?
Activity: 5
We will need to wait for the announcements for the bigger exchanges, but I think not many will support bitcoin gold.
I am curious to see which wallets, if any, will support bitcoin gold.
Bitcoin Gold is a scam. Core's way of trying to create more "dividends". Looks like may have been attempted under Blockstream management. The website for bitcoin gold was registered anonymously and the only contributors to the GitHub are Core/Blockstream people.
If I can get coins for free and don't have to pay anything for it, how is it a scam? Or are they planning to dump a pile of premined coins, when BTG hits exchanges? They have different hashing mechanism so there is no hashrate shifting back and forth as was with BCH. I heard there is even replay protection being implemented. The only two ways I see it being a scam are premined coins in creators possession and phishing private keys with shady wallets.

That's what the site of bitcoin gold trying to do, if you following the news of the officiel channel and the site you will know what I mean.
Otherwise watch this video to understand what I talking about : How to Get BTC GPU Claim Bitcoin Gold Step by Step Bitcoin Fork

According to the video, you cannot claim your bitcoin gold if your BTC stored in exchanges....How should I understand this after Yobit confirmation of supporting the hardfork coin
Activity: 714
Merit: 261
Hey!

Do you know of any Bitcoin wallet or an exchange that will for sure support and give its users Bitcoin Gold tokens after the fork? I have heard Binance was planning to support BTG, but I am not sure that they will give you the BTG coins if you store your BTC there. Do any of you have a decent plan on getting Bitcoin Gold after the fork? Could you please share details here?

It's going to be supported by both exchanger and wallets. In case of wallets, they will surely publish a notice to all users once they confirm supporting of it during the hard forks. So I think there is no need of predicting so early of which wallets might be there to do so. :-) Up until now yobit exchanger has already published about the support to bitcoin gold so you consider it.
Activity: 1820
Merit: 298
Bitcoingold is a inexperienced team. They are just advertising the fork rather than preparing from it. I don't think they'll have any value, not even close to bitcoincash.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
Bittrex isn't a wallet it is an exchange.
You won't double your Bitcoin, you will have the same number of Bitcoin on the Bitcoin chain, and the same number of Bitcoin Gold on the Bitcoin Gold chain.

Any wallet where you have access to your private key is fine, you should be using a wallet like that anyway!
Activity: 504
Merit: 10
aside from ledger nano and trezor, which wallet shud i use to secure and double my btc during the fork? is it safe in bittrex?
Activity: 6
Novaexchange not Sad

2017-10-16 11:52 - Future Bitcoin forks not supported

We are NOT supporting any upcoming or future bitcoin forks. We are only running Bitcoin Core wallet and no other Bitcoin forks will be supported in the future. The Bitcoin Cash (BCH) fork was a one time only fork that we supported since Ledger Nano S had support for that fork.

I will transfer my coins to yobit
Pages:
Jump to: